Type of Appointment:
People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest reliefs and development organizations in Central/Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Moldova for the last 18 years and has an office in Chisinau.
People in Need is recruiting an Administration Assistant to be part of the team of approximately 11 people at the moment, based in Chisinau, with occasional business trips to the field. Administration Assistant will report to Project Managers and have functional link with all the Team Members.
Summary of Duties
The Administration Assistant will be responsible for overall daily administrative tasks for PIN’s office in Chisinau. The Incumbent will work in close coordination with People in Need’s senior management in Moldova under the supervision of Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
In a collaborative partnership with country team members and under the supervision of People in Need’s Finance Manager, the Administration Assistant will be responsible for overall office administration tasks, financial and logistic documentation, small office procurement and letters drafting.
In particular, the Administration Assistant will work on:
- Handling of administrative requests and queries from senior management.
- Organizing and scheduling appointments.
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes.
- Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed.
- Archiving documents and maintaining files.
- Making the necessary arrangements/logistics needed for the office in Chisinau.
- Collecting data and assisting senior management in the preparation of supportive project documents.
Knowledge/Experience, Qualifications/Skills and Abilities Required
The successful candidate will be able to pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Qualification and/or relevant work experience in administrative or office assistant position.
- Fluency in Romanian language. English and Russian communication skills are a strong advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS office and high computer literacy is required.
- Highly organized & attentive to small details.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively.
- A strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others.
- Excellent communication skills.
Reports to the Finance Manager and accountable to People in Need’s Senior Management in Chisinau.
Start of Assignment
The expected start is in January 2022 (or as soon as possible).
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: State and private health insurance.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references with a possibility of including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/E935D3B127/apply/ and use subject heading: Ref: Administration Assistant.
Deadline for applications: January 3, 2022, by COB. The candidates will be interviewed on rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.