Procurement and Logistics Officer
Type of Appointment:
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work.
Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Summary of duties
Reporting to Country Director, the Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for the implementation of procurement and logistics procedures within Moldova country program, and their effective delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will apply the relevant policies, rules and regulations in order to ensure a correct implementation of the assigned tasks.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure purchases of goods and services according to PIN and donor rules;
- Supervise implementation of centralised procurement system, following all relevant donor and PIN guidelines and procedures, and considering relevant corruption risks and related preventive measures;
- Support the Project Managers and coordinate planning and revision of annual and project procurement plans, ensuring timely procurement of goods and services in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner;
- Coordinate necessary support for non-standard and complicated tenders with Headquarters.
- Transportation Management – economic and efficient managing of all means of transport;
- Office Management (focal point for suppliers and authorities, negotiations, purchases);
- Supervision of logistical administration (filing and archiving of all relevant logistic documents);
- Logistical organization of trainings/seminars;
- Preparation of agreements, contracts, guidelines;
- PIN assets management – registration, identification, return of the property to donors;
- Oversee the operations of the logistics team in all areas, logistics budgets and team capacities, improve needs planning and involvement of program managers to planning process, and contribute to planning needs for new projects with regards to logistics.
Knowledge/experience, qualifications/skills and abilities required
- The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Procurement and Logistics field
- Experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development programs is a distinct advantage
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style
- Computer literate
- Excellent command of Romanian. Good command of English and Russian.
Reports to the Country Director based in Chisinau.
Period of Assignment
The expected start is as early as possible.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: State and private health insurance.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references with a possibility of including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/3127B10C0B/ and use subject heading: Ref: Procurement and Logistics Officer.
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2021, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Anunț de angajare pentru funcția de contabil/contabilă, pe perioadă determinată, în cadrul Centrului de Instruire Continuă în Domeniul Electoral
- AO „Părinți Solidari” anunță concurs pentru contractarea unui expert/e în dezvoltare organizațională
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals/residents only - recruitment for 2 posts
- Laolalta invită spre colaborare Ilustrator/Ilustratoare Creativ/ă
- Peace Corps: Training Assistant
- Solidarity Fund PL în Moldova angajează Specialist/ă Comunicare și PR_Termen extins
- IM Swedish Development Partner- Program Manager