You are a passionate Finance professional; you enjoy planning, working with financial reports and data. You are energetic, meticulous and organised. You are not afraid of working hard and you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact? This challenge is for you.
Start date As soon as possible
Contract One-year, local, full-time contract, renewable.
Location Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Application deadline: 31.10.2021
The candidate must be legally eligible to work in Republic of Moldova
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
Terre des hommes is active in Moldova since 2004. Registered as a local Foundation, Tdh Moldova works to reduce vulnerability and strengthen the protection of children affected by migration; to strengthen children’s access to their rights in the juvenile justice system by promoting a restorative approach; and to build the protection and prevention capacity of child protection institutions and professionals, as well as individuals with rights, such as children, families and communities. We work to ensure that all children in Moldova benefit from a system that can guarantee their survival, protection, development and participation, with a specific focus on the most vulnerable children.
The Finance Officer has responsibility for various different areas of the financial operations including but not limited to: administration of the local office accounting, partner financial administration, monitoring of the policies / procedures and risk assessment through the administration of financial documentation and reports, follow up of the project expenditures, financial documentation and filing system administration.
- Maintenance of local office accounting on daily basis;
- Ensure recording of entries (cash, bank and corrective transactions etc.) and allocation of costs to different donors contracts;
- Perform financial controls to ensure that all expenditures reflect and comply with financial procedures;
- Perform financial controls to verify presence of financial documentation and alignment in correlation with the various cash, bank transaction and allocations of costs to different donors contracts;
- Support budget follow-up;
- Anticipate project needs and best practices in budget and financial matters;
- Receive partners’ and sub-grantors’ financial reports and control the proper use of the funds according to all financial procedures;
- Preparation of draft financial reports for Terre des hommes donors;
- Preparation of staff cost calculation sheet and reconciliations of supporting documentations related to staff costs;
- Assist in the preparation for financial audits;
- Support the preparation of financial training for the partners;
- File and maintain proper records for all the above on computer book-keeping package (hard copy and electronic copy);
- University degree in relevant field;
- Previous experience in accounting, finance and working in NGOs would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting, budget monitoring and general ledger skills;
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner;
- Efficient management of the workflow with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision;
- Resourceful in gathering, verifying and analysing financial data with ability to interpret financial information and reports;
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and administrative skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment;
- Very good oral and written skills in Romanian, Russian and English.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to the following address: Chisinau, N. Iorga str. No.6, ap.3, MD-2009 or by email to email@example.com
Please include “Finance Officer, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
*** Tdh offers equal opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, faith, colour, religion, gender, marital status, political affiliations. ***
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.