Consultant, NPP, PSA.NAT
1 year with possibility of extension (3 months of probation period)
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is an intergovernmental organization with more than 194 member nations. Since its inception, FAO has worked to alleviate poverty and hunger by promoting agricultural development, improved nutrition and the pursuit of food security - defined as the access of all people at all times to the food they need for an active and healthy life. To achieve its goals, FAO cooperates with thousands of partners worldwide, from farmers’ groups to traders, from non-governmental organizations to other UN agencies, from development banks to agribusiness firms. The main aim of FAO Representation in Moldova is to assist the Government to develop policies, programmes and projects under the three priority areas (i) increasing competitiveness of the agriculture sector (ii) fostering sustainable agriculture and rural development (iii) management of natural resources and disaster risk management.
The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Moldova, the operational supervision and guidance of the Field Programme Officer, REU (FPO), the general administrative guidance and direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative in Moldova, the technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officers (LTOs) of the projects, and in close collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry and other national counterparts, the National Project Coordinators (NPCs) and project managers, and the international and national consultants.
Project management and assistance
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant will have the following task and responsibilities:
· Provide support to Programme/Operations Officer/BH on projects from idea to closure of projects
· Assist in management of the whole Project Cycle from pipeline entries in FPMIS, moving the projects to approval and oversights and support to all other assistants
· assist the National Project Coordinators (NPCs) in the day-to-day management of the projects activities;
· Transaction mapping, initiating payments, assist in Budget Revisions
· Provide support in the organization of missions, workshops, trainings
· Keeping FPMIS project data always up-to-date: basic project info, responsibilities, uploading documents, FPSN comments, housekeeping
· prepare reports and assist the NPCs in the elaboration of the terminal statement of the projects;
· support in translation of documents and other materials in English, if needed
· maintain tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of programme and project budgets;
· assist in the management of the project through monitoring and book-keeping of office expenditures, general administration, set up of filing and archive system, maintenance of inventory system, and other related office management tasks;
· assist the FAO Representation in Moldova in administrative work referring to the respective projects and other relevant issues
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· University degree or equivalent in the field of Project Management, Public Administration, Economics or another related field
· A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in project administration and management, or any other related administrative field.
· Previous experience with international projects/organizations is an advantage
· Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficiency in standard computer software
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 1 October 2021 inclusive, mentioning in the subject line of the email the position you wish to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org