Type of Appointment:
3 months, with a possibility of extension
People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Moldova since 2003 and has an office in Chisinau.
People in Need is recruiting a Project Assistant to be part of the team of 14 people based in Chisinau with occasional business trips to the field. Project Assistant will report to Project Manager and have functional link with all the Team Members.
B. SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Project Assistant will be responsible for overall daily projects work and administrative tasks for PIN’s office in Chisinau and will be directly responsible for logistical components of the Key Project (and other PIN’s projects occasionally). The Incumbent will work in close coordination with People in Need’s senior management in Moldova, namely the Projects Managers and the Country Director.
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In a collaborative partnership with team members and under the supervision of People in Need’s Project Managers, the Projects Assistant will be responsible for overall Projects administration activities, financial and logistic arrangements and documentation, small procurement, reports and letters drafting.
In particular, the Projects Assistant will work on:
- Assisting the Project Managers in the overall implementation of the project
- Assisting the Project Managers in overseeing the activities of the consultants and field coordinators
- Coordinating with the Project Managers the activities related to the implementation of the project with the other partner agencies, LPAs and CSOs
- Assisting the Project Manager in monitoring the progress of the project
- Making the necessary arrangements/logistics for the equipment needed for training, mapping and monitoring
- Helping the Project Managers in the preparation of the M&E system for the project implementation and impact/benefit assessment
- Collecting data, writing minutes and assist the Project Managers in the preparation of the project completion report.
D. KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Qualification and/or relevant work experience in administrative and Projects Assistant position.
- Fluency in English and Romanian languages. Russian communication skills are a strong advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS office and high computer literacy is required.
- Highly organized & attentive to small details.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively.
- A strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others.
- Experience with budget management, projects administration and donor compliance issues.
E. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Project Managers and accountable to People in Need’s Senior Management in Chisinau and Headquarters in Prague.
F. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
The position is required for 3 months with an expected start in October 2021, with the possibility of extension.
G. SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: State and private health insurance.
H. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references with a possibility of including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following address: email@example.com and use subject heading: Ref: Project Assistant.
Deadline for applications: September 23, 2021, by COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.