Position: Operations and Finance Manager
Reports to: Project Director
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Status: Moldovan National – CCN
Period of Performance: The project is estimated to end in July 2022
International Development Group LLC is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to create and take advantage of opportunities for sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to achieve real and measurable impact for their communities and countries. IDG assistance programs aim to build the capacity, skills, and knowledge of local individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.
IDG is seeking qualified Moldovan candidates for the role of the Operations and Finance Manager on the Moldova Competitiveness Transition Activity. The Moldova Competitiveness Transition Activity is a Buy-In from USAID Moldova to USAID’s Economic Development, Governance, and Enterprise Growth (EDGE) activity in the Europe & Eurasia region implemented by IDG.
The purpose of the Moldova Competitiveness Transition buy-in activity is to help the Government of Moldova (GOM) and key tourism and light industry organizations achieve two main objectives: 1) provide economic recovery and post-pandemic support to Moldova’s tourism sector and 2) provide bridge support to Moldova’s light industry sector (i.e., accessories, apparel, footwear). The buy-in will assist the GOM to maintain efforts towards the strategic global positioning of Moldova tourism sector and will provide institutional support to the light industry through sector-specific strategies with a focus on sustainability, fair trade, digitization, and innovation practices.
The Operations and Finance Manager will manage the daily operational, financial, administrative, and procurement aspects and processes performed under the Buy-In Activity. This is a full-time position.
- Work closely with the Project Director to ensure that the project is compliant with USAID procedures, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Lead and manage project and in-country office operations including financial, administrative, procurement, and
- Coordinate regularly with the Project Director to provide timely updates on finance and operations matters.
- Lead and manage overall project financial activities including the processing and timely submission of monthly field expenses, invoices, and financial reports.
- Develop, establish, and maintain a database for administrative, operational, and finance-related documents.
- Draft and finalize the activity’s Work plan and ensure the project’s activities align with the work plan throughout the project’s timeline.
- Coordinate with the Home Office to ensure timely and efficient implementation of project deliverables.
- Facilitate, manage, and oversee project inventory, equipment, and product procurements throughout the activity.
- Provide budgetary and financial analysis throughout the activity.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in operations and/or finance management.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in one or more countries in the Europe & Eurasia region required, or other countries with conditions similar to those in the region.
- Advanced degree is required.
- Previous experience in a managerial role on a USAID-funded project is preferred.
- Previous experience and knowledge of grants management procedures and regulations on USAID-funded project is preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity in managing the operational, administrative, and financial components of an activity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in USAID procurement policies, processes, and protocols is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a data analytics software (i.e., Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; where appropriate, able to supervise a team of other technical experts including a cross-cultural team, or to function as part of a cross-cultural team.
- Conversational in Romanian preferred but not necessarily required.
- Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English required.
This position reports to the EDGE Buy-In Moldova MCTA Project Director.
Send electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please submit your CV with “EDGE Moldova Competitiveness Transition Activity – Operations and Finance Manager” in the subject line; please do not forget to additionally indicate your name in the subject line of your e-mail.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.