Type of requisition:
Consultant, PSA or NPP
1 year with possibility for extension
(with 3 months of probation period)
FAO in partnership with the Government of Moldova is implementing the project “Enabling a policy environment for integrated natural resources management and implementation of an integrated approach to achieve land degradation neutrality in Moldova”. The main project objective is to support and scale up the introduction of innovative climate-smart agriculture practices, and sustainable forest and land management to achieve land degradation neutrality.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Moldova and Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU).
Tasks and responsibilities
· Support the Project Coordinator by taking the lead in monitoring and evaluation of key project results and impacts, according to FAO and GEF policies and guidelines
· Lead the development and maintenance of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework within the project
· Periodically revise and develop the Project’s M&E Plan and adapt the M&E Plan as required by the project implementation circumstances
· Monitor progress in the implementation and results of the projects against objectives and indicators as well as promote and support quality assurance of all project interventions.
· Establish monitoring and evaluation system to measure project progress and impacts in terms of multiple global environmental benefits (GEBs), social and economic benefits
· Secure a sound and timely technical monitoring of indicators to measure the reduction in land degradation.
· Take the lead in presenting M&E-related subjects during project events and stakeholder meetings.
· Work with Project Coordinator and other team members in development of the necessary half-year, annual and ad-hoc progress reports or updates.
· Other work related to Monitoring and Evaluation, as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· University degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Project Management, Economics or other relevant discipline is required.
· 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects
· Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects with focus on agriculture and/or environment will be considered an advantage
· Previous experience with M&E and Geographic Information Systems will be considered an advantage.
· Prior experience working with international organizations represents an advantage.
· Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
· Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 21 September inclusive.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org