Type of requisition:
30 working days
FAO is implementing a two-year technical cooperation project in Moldova entitled “Support to smallholder producers, in particular livestock farms”. The project is aiming to strengthen national capacities for a better decision making in supporting smallholders and family farmers while addressing the consequences of COVID-19 and 2020 drought.
The incumbent will work under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in the Republic of Moldova and direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative and the Land Tenure Officer in REU, in close collaboration with the FAO REU project team, with the International Consultant on Family Farming, International Consultant on Rural Development, as well as with the Service Provider supporting the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment (MADRE) in preparation of the National Action Plan (NAP) for Family Farming under the United Nations Decade of Family Farming (UNDFF).
Tasks and responsibilities:
The National Consultant will have the following task and responsibilities:
• Support the identification of relevant stakeholders related to family farming including relevant public authorities, civil society, academia, private sector at national, regional and local level, and maintain the dialogue between the stakeholders, the Service Provider and FAO Country and Regional Offices;
• Facilitate with the Service Provider the consultations with the relevant Government institutions and other stakeholders through a multi-stakeholder policy dialogue on the future of family farming in the country;
• Contribute to the outline and content of the National Action Plan (NAP) for family farming as required by LTO, AFAOR and international consultant;
• Contribute to the establishment and management of the multi-stakeholder policy dialogue and organize its work for the formulation of the National Action Plan (NAP) for family farming in close coordination with the Service Provider and MARDE;
• Provide inputs to the assessment of policy, legal and institutional frameworks governing agriculture and rural development with particular attention to family farming and youth;
• Participate and contribute with inputs in relevant meetings and events when and as required;
• Support the organization of meetings, trainings and missions;
• Perform other duties related to the successful project implementation when and as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· Master’s degree or equivalent in the field of Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agriculture Economics, Rural Development or another related field
· A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of agriculture, rural development, smallholder agriculture producers, family farming
· Previous experience with international projects is an advantage
· Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficiency in standard computer software
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 20 of September 2021 inclusive, mentioning in the subject line of the email the position you wish to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.