National Consultancy conducting a policy analysis on migration, environment and climate change in the Republic of Moldova
The IOM Mission to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a national consultant to develop a report on mapping and analysis of major legislation, policies and strategies in the Republic of Moldova from the migration, environment, and climate change perspective.
This VACANCY is announced within IOM project “Moldova: Mainstreaming the Migration and Climate Change perspective into the National Adaptation Plan 2 and Agriculture Sectoral Adaptation Plan on Climate Change”, funded by IOM Development Fund. IOM aims to map and to include an analysis and inventory of relevant existing laws, policies, and strategies.
Detailed TERMS OF REFERENCE can be consulted on the following link: https://sc.undp.md/jobdetails/2303/
Method of application: Please express your interest by sending CV and cover letter in English or Romanian language to the following address
IOM Chisinau, 36/1 Ciuflea St., Chişinău MD 2001, Republic of Moldova
Queries can be directed to the same mentioned email addresses.
Please use the mandatory Subject title: “National Consultant conducting a policy analysis on migration”
Closing date for applications is September 21st, 2021, however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Required education, skills and experience:
- Postgraduate degree, preferably in Social Sciences (e.g. Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Geography, Migration Studies, Development Studies) or Law from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Social Sciences (e.g. Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Geography, Migration Studies, Development Studies) or Law from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in researching relevant topics (e.g. migration, environment and climate change, disaster risk reduction, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience of conducting policy analysis in Moldova.
- Demonstrated professional experience on migration-related topics will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated professional experience in clean energy, sustainable renovation, circular economy, climate-resilient livelihoods, climate-resilient infrastructure, climate technologies or green jobs will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience of publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or reports commissioned by the governments and/or international organizations relevant for this assignment (at least, 3 publications relevant to the assignment).
- Excellent proven analytical and communication skills.
- Experience in liaising with government authorities and diplomatic missions, as well as with international organizations.
- Sound understanding of international and regional policy processes on biodiversity, climate change, desertification, disaster risk reduction, and sustainable development (e.g., United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Sendai Framework of Risk Reduction, Sustainable Development Goals, European Green Deal, etc.).
- Good understanding and knowledge of IOM’s partnerships on migration, environment and climate change in Moldova.
- Excellent organization skills; analytical and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Proven ability to use NVivo will be an advantage.
- Fluency in Romanian and English is mandatory.
- Fluency in Russian is an advantage.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and to annul the selection process and reject all Proposals at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to affected Service Providers.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.