Web Developer (PHP/Drupal part-time) / Tekwill in Every School
THE MOLDOVAN ASSOCIATION OF ICT COMPANIES (“ATIC”) is the business Organization uniting 80 companies. Umbrella Organization gathering over 7000 employees.
Being established in 2006, ATIC is the action leading association and the voice of the Moldovan ICT industry that promotes the development of the ICT sector in Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between companies, similar organizations, government, state institutions and international organizations. The association was founded to represent the industry on different policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the exchange of best practices between members. ATIC mission is to protect and promote the Association members’ interests as well as facilitate a more favorable ICT business climate.
The ICTEC Project started as a USAID program implemented by the National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC). In 2016, the Government of Sweden joined the program and expanded the operations and content programs of Tekwill. The project is implemented as a private-public partnership (though Global Development Alliances instrument (GDA)), between the Moldovan Government, private industry, academia and donors. The private partners include multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, and also Moldovan Association of Private ICT Companies (ATIC) members that are local (operated) ICT companies. The private partners bring significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies and development activities, such as trainings, practical assignments, and mentorship. The private sector partners will have the chance to use the center to communicate with the university, SMEs, startups, professionals and contribute to the curricula improvement answering the market needs, as well as the improvement of the IT and entrepreneurship ecosystem that will lead to the economic growth of the country. The Government of Moldova supports this project at the highest level of the Prime Minister, and the partners include Ministry of ICT, Ministry of Education, and E-Government Center.
About „Tekwill in every school”
„Tekwill in every school” is a complex program of extracurricular courses, for pupils aged 13-19. The program aims to transform and digitalize education in the Republic of Moldova, by providing every school the opportunity to access a free eLearning platform, for students aged between 13-19 years to benefit from interactive digital content. The developed e-courses will allow students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills required by the future jobs’ workplace.
„Tekwill in every school” mission is to harness Moldova’s untapped human capital and to help grow a young and innovative generation of software engineers, IT developers, and creative professionals that will design, here at home, products that will meet social challenges at national and global scale.
Job Title: Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal) for Tekwill in every school program (part-time)
The Web Developer (PHP/Drupal) will be responsible for developing additional features on the platform and for providing maintenance services for the tekwill.online platform part of the “Tekwill in every school” program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the TiES team and other Tekwill project teams to prioritize necessary tasks (gather data on assignments and discuss progress updates)
- Perform biweekly sprints on deliverables
- Provide maintenance services for the tekwill.online platform (fixing bugs upon request based on an agreed daily schedule)
- Improve actual features on the platform (optimizing existing code)
- Testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task on the platform
- Create guides for the TiES team with regards to platform usage
- Perform other tasks and assignments at the supervisors’ request.
Education, experience, and skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in IT or similar field.
- Previous working experience with Drupal and/or Opigno eLearning platform will be considered as an advantage.
- Language Skills:Fluency in Romanian and/or Russian and good level of English is required.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully multi-tasking across projects and delivering results within tight deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated.
- Reliable, accurate and systematic.
- Up to 4 hours per day (based on necessity)
- Source code for any modification, additional feature developed
- Monthly written report of closed/solved bugs
- Monthly written report of modified/improved features
- Monthly written report of additional features developed
- Number of guides created (platform usage guides – PPT, screencasts, other format)
Period of performance:
The assignment will begin on/about September 2021 with a probation period of 3 months. The assignment will be automatically prolonged in case of positive performance on the job and mutual agreement.
Place of performance:
The consultant will perform his/her duties in Chisinau, Moldova, as indicated in the SOW.
The consultant will report to the Tekwill in Every School Project Manager and to the ATIC Strategic Projects Director, who will be responsible for supervising the employee’s performance.
Interested candidates shall submit the following documents:
- CV of the applicant, including details of two reference persons.
- Motivation letter, including samples, links of previous work.
The application package shall be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line: „Web Developer – Tekwill in Every School”, by September 9th, 2021 (17:00). Only selected persons will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.