Chemonics International, a leading international development organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks technical experts and middle to senior-level specialists for an anticipated USAID energy activity in Moldova. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics seeks specialists in the following areas:
- Energy efficiency planning and policy
- Renewable energy resource integration
- Energy sector investment
- Electrical, transmission system, or energy efficiency engineering
All candidates will be expected to:
- Drive technical activities and program development to achieve project objectives
- Track implementation progress and ensure timely delivery of all deliverables
- Liaise with private sector and public sector officials at municipal and national levels
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- University degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in Energy/Environmental Policy, Economics/Finance, Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years of experience for leadership positions with demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team(minimum four years of technical work experience in the relevant field for junior positions)
- Experience implementing energy programs in Moldova or surrounding region, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with program partners, including government agencies (USG and host), regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society and consumers
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in capacity development, training, and mentoring
- For leadership positions, knowledge of procurement procedures, small grants management, and office operations while ensuring compliance with all rules and regulations; experience working on USAID programs preferred but not required
- Romanian language skills preferred, proficiency in English language required
Please send electronic submissions to MESA@chemonics.com by August 11, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your CV and cover letter with the relevant technical area in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.