THE MOLDOVAN ASSOCIATION OF ICT COMPANIES (“ATIC”) is the business Organization uniting 80 companies. Umbrella Organization gathering over 7000 employees.
Being established in 2006, ATIC is the action leading association and the voice of the Moldovan ICT industry that promotes the development of the ICT sector in Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between companies, similar organizations, government, state institutions and international organizations. The association was founded to represent the industry on different policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the exchange of best practices between members. ATIC mission is to protect and promote the Association members’ interests as well as facilitate a more favorable ICT business climate.
The ICTEC Project started as a USAID program implemented by the National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC). In 2016, the Government of Sweden joined the program and expanded the operations and content programs of Tekwill. The project is implemented as a private-public partnership (though Global Development Alliances instrument (GDA)), between the Moldovan Government, private industry, academia and donors. The private partners include multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, and also Moldovan Association of Private ICT Companies (ATIC) members that are local (operated) ICT companies. The private partners bring significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies and development activities, such as trainings, practical assignments, and mentorship. The private sector partners will have the chance to use the center to communicate with the university, SMEs, startups, professionals and contribute to the curricula improvement answering the market needs, as well as the improvement of the IT and entrepreneurship ecosystem that will lead to the economic growth of the country. The Government of Moldova supports this project at the highest level of the Prime Minister, and the partners include the Ministry of ICT, Ministry of Education, and E-Government Center.
General overview of entrepreneurship in Moldova: Startup Moldova
Moldova’s entrepreneurial ecosystem is emerging, although it has made significant progress compared to 10 years ago, our country still has much unexplored potential, amid a lack of entrepreneurial culture, limited access to finance, as well as experience in managing its own product-based business.
In order to reduce the gap and encourage the development of startups based on information technologies, the Republic of Moldova aligns with international trends and implements programs dedicated to growing and supporting startup businesses.
One of them is the Startup Moldova National Program – an initiative that gives the young people with innovative ideas access to educational programs, infrastructure, consulting, mentoring, opportunities to connect to international events and competitions, as well as attracting funding sources.
The entrepreneurship activities will focus on institutional development and fortification of the Startup Moldova concept, development and deployment of entrepreneurial education programs; implementation of general and vertically-driven initiatives, implementation and supporting community initiatives, facilitation for bringing all stakeholders together, mapping ecosystem players, and supporting entrepreneurial innovation, forming and developing a local talent pool and attracting foreign expertise, addressing the talent gap by reconversion mechanisms and entrepreneurial education opportunities and directly support startups in their needs. Tekwill will support the e-commerce agenda by adjusting its programs towards inclusive digitization initiatives.
Job Title: HealthTech Expert
- Basic Functions:
The HealthTech Expert will be responsible to provide expertise and management to innovative potential projects, bring actors together, develop roadmaps and support HealthTech initiatives from an early stage.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the strategic plan of the development of HealthTech vertical in Moldova
- Ensure that all proposed program objectives and targets are achieved in a timely manner
- Ensure timely delivery of quality final products (minimum 3 programs)
- Manage and interact with HealthTech community and HealthTech Companies to best match their needs and ideas (minimum 30 active representatives)
- Identify key partnerships with local, regional and EU key stakeholders (sign minimum 2 MOUs)
- Work on behalf of the community to present joint/new/existing projects and ideas
- Oversee the development of program implementation plans, performance monitoring plans and all required reports
- Maintain coordination and collaborate with ICT Excellence Center project implementing partners, and other donors and investors involved in ICT sector development in Moldova, to coordinate efforts and share results
- Mapp healthtech startups from Moldova
- Find and offer sufficient guidance to healthtech startups in form of mentoring
- Finding opportunities for local startups
- support in elaboration content for education program in developing HealthTech Ecosystem in Moldova
- Report regularly to the Senior Project Coordinator, respectively if required to USAID/Sweden, where appropriate, regarding decisions to be made, activities undertaken, and progress.
- Report on HealthTech related potential activities and initiatives
- Compile proposals into portfolio requests.
- Other may be applicable
* The level of effort is expecting to be up to 60 full time working days
- Relevant experience in designing and implementing HealthTech related activities
- Proven expertise and knowledge of the HealthTech sector, national, regional and international context.
- BSc or BA degree in information technologies, business, economics, or social sciences.
- Proven success in managing and leading the design of complex projects
- Fluency in English. Romanian and Russian will be considered as a plus.
05 . DELIVERABLES:
- Project proposals, including project plans, budgets, etc
- All projects related documentations
- Action Plan(s)
- Reporting materials related to performed activities based on a deliverables established together with the Entrepreneurship Program Manager
- Reporting documentation required by Entrepreneurship Program Manager
- Any other documentation that is required for the best reach of the set forth results
06. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
The consultant will perform his/her duties for the Republic of Moldova, as indicated in the SOW.
07. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment will begin on/about July 2021-December 2021.
09. REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS
The consultant will report to the Entrepreneurship Program Manager, who will be responsible for supervising the employee’s performance.
I hereby approve this Scope of Work.
ATIC Strategic Projects Director, Ana Chirita Date