CNFA's Farmer-to-Farmer Volunteer Program (F2F) funded by USAID is seeking a qualified individuals for the position of US Experts Assistant/ Translator (paid internship, short-term).
Note to applicants: the interviewing will be done on a rolling basis, the first applicants will be interviewed first, thus the applicants are highly encouraged not to wait for the deadline.
The Assistant/Translator offers support to the program experts in communicating with the beneficiary organizations, helps with the visit logistics, and in navigating the local culture.
Qualification requirements include:
- Excellent command of English, Romanian and Russian
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate well to rural communities and work effectively at the grassroots level
- Flexibility, strong work ethic and willingness to travel extensively throughout Moldova and work directly with rural communities
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Future university graduate or recent university graduate in foreign languages, economics and/or business management
- Demonstrated experience interpreting/translating (including in informal settings)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing interpretation for the project experts during meetings with beneficiaries and/or cultural events
- Providing written translations of the experts’ recommendations to beneficiaries
- Coordinate travel logistics for the US volunteer experts working with Farmer-to-Farmer beneficiaries
- Providing support in navigating the local cultural norms
- Other administrative duties as required by the Country Director
Candidates will submit a detailed CV, in English, showing their background and experience fits the requirements of this call by email, in MS Word or PDF format before Monday, May 31, 24:00 Chisinau time, to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CNFA (Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture) is a USAID-funded organization supporting agribusiness economic development in transitional countries. The Farmer-to-Farmer Program provides US volunteer technical assistance to Moldovan rural entrepreneurs and farmers seeking to expand their access to markets through improved business management and production practices.