Extended Deadline: May 12, 2021 COB
Open to national or international experts
Internews in Moldova is looking for an expert to provide in-house assistance (ToT) on TV video editing for an independent Moldovan media organization in order to train the video editors to produce a more creative multi-media content and to improve their capacity to teach ant share their knowledge for the future organization employees. The expert will provide assistance in: creating professional videos with the equipment and software they already have; choosing the right editing tool (if necessary); teaching specific structural, journalistic and creative techniques used in television or documentary; learning how to work with special effects; experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements; suggesting how to work with music backgrounds; editing including data visualization and/or animation; creating a set of recommendations for a better editing. At the end of the assistance the expert will provide a set of recommendations on best video editing practices.
Note: The period of implementation, specific and more advanced topics for this consultancy, and the name of media organizations to work with will be discussed with the selected expert.
- Provide a three-day in-house training session for video editors of an independent media outltet;
- Provide expertise in the production of more creative multimedia content, with the existed equipment and editing programs, as well as alternatives (use of EDIUS software, After Effects and other editing tools);
- Share editing practices and techniques (journalistic and specific to other genres used in TV, film, documentary, etc.);
- Engage staff in practical work activities with special effects, experimenting with styles and designing graphic elements (editing, viewing and animating data);
- Develop a written set of recommendations that will serve as a working guide for all employees in the video editing department.
- At least five years of experience in visual storytelling, video production, video editing or another relevant field;
- In-depth knowledge of editorial work in a TV newsroom, new trends in the media, video production and communication;
- Previous experience in consulting and training sessions in this field;
- Capacity to analyze, monitor, summarize, and evaluate.
- An updated CV, including contact details for at least two references;
- Financial offer;
- Indicate the language of consultancy.
Application Submission Instruction
All interested experts are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Video editing expert" in the subject line, until May 12, 2021.
For any additional questions, please contact Internews in Moldova staff at +373 60500570.
This activity is part of the USAID and UK Embassy in Moldova funded project “Media Enabling Democracy, Inclusion and Accountability in Moldova” (MEDIA-M) and implemented by Internews in Moldova, which aims to promote the development of an independent, professional media, and to create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures.