Skat Consulting Ltd. invites qualified candidates with a background in Finance, Accounting and Administration to apply to the position of Finance/Accounting and Administration Manager in 2 separate projects which Skat Consulting Ltd is implementing in the Republic of Moldova:
1) Mă Implic – Project on civic engagement in local governance (Phase 1: 11.2019 - 10.2023), funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation,
2) Proiect de apa si sanitatie in satele din Moldova (ApaSan+) (05.2021 - 11.2023), funded by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA).
Skat Consulting Ltd. is a Swiss consulting company with 40 years of track record of successful, high-impact projects and partnerships, adding value to companies, organizations, and government agencies at home and abroad. Since more than 12 years Skat is supporting local public administrations in Moldova and neighboring countries. The Ma Implic and the ApaSan+ projects are both implemented through the Fundatia Centrul Moldo-Elvețian pentru Cooperare SKAT, a legal entity registered in the Republic of Moldova, through separate project teams.
The Ma Implic project aims at ensuring that rural population of Moldova has equitable access to quality public service provision. The project works to improve infrastructure and civic participation in 30 rural community projects. At the national level, the project supports the policy, legal and financial environment for quality public service provision and decentralization reform. More information can be found on https://www.facebook.com/ProiectulMaImplic
The ApaSan+ project aims at improving water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in selected Moldovan villages, by demonstrating innovative technologies and managerial set-ups that are affordable and replicable. The project builds on the experience and results of the successful ApaSan project (2011-2019, www.apasan.skat.ch) and is currently in its inception phase.
The positions are to be filled for the project duration until October 2023, and start as soon as the potential candidates will be selected.
Duty stations are the respective project offices in Chisinau. Flexible home office arrangements will apply as long as the circumstances require. The project teams are relatively small, flexible and dynamic teams (Ma Implic, 6 permanent staff, ApaSan+ 3 permanent staff) and more international and Moldovan experts working on short- and longer-term assignments with the project all over the territory of Moldova.
The position reports to the respective Team Leader (resident in Chisinau, Moldova) and coordinates closely with skat headquarters in St Gallen, Switzerland. A training / introduction to skat HQ in Switzerland is foreseen.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Finance/Accounting and Administration Manager will:
- Handle all finance and accounting functions of the project, including asset management, cash flow management, payroll, bank and cash transactions, reporting
- Ensure that all financial and administrative procedures and practices are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in strict compliance the project’s Financial and Administrative Procedures (FAP), relevant donor instructions and regulations and Moldovan national legislation, regulations, rules and guidelines.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of all necessary financial records and reports, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accurate inventory of all the assets; ensure that the purchasing of materials, supplies and equipment are conducted in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present annual financial statements on request, contract yearly financial audits and provide all necessary information to auditors.
- Under instruction of the Team Leader oversee human resource management for all employees.
- Coordination and supervision of the project's Admin team.
The positions can be filled as a full-time (100%) or as a part-time position (min. 70%).
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of professional experience is required, ideally obtained in the field of international development ("donor-financed") projects.
- Solid knowledge of, and practical experience with all relevant legal requirements applicable in the Republic of Moldova.
- Fully confident in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and accounting software, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Very good command of oral and written English and Romanian
Applications shall include CV (max 4 pages); Cover letter (1 page) indicating 3 reference persons, as supervisors from previous assignments. Applications will be received until including 18 April, 2021 (midnight) electronically in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only complete applications will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.