UNICEF Moldova is seeking to contract a National Individual Consultant, to conduct a review of laws and regulations related to guardianship, tutorship, legal representation and legal responsibility in the Republic of Moldova and to develop a Regulation on tutorship and guardianship of the child and, if relevant, propose updates to other relevant regulatory documents.
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced University Degree in Law, Social Sciences or Human Rights;
- At least 5 years of progressive experience related to the field of expertise, which will include at least two years of experience in child protection;
- Strong knowledge and experience in legal frameworks on guardianship, trusteeship, legal representation and legal responsibility;
- Demonstrated capacity to analyse legal and regulatory documents and formulate legal and regulatory recommendations (sharing two samples of/links to analyses and recommendations developed for relevant institutions);
- Excellent communication, presentation, teamwork and cooperation skills;
- Excellent command of Romanian language, both oral and written;
- Working knowledge, both oral and written, of English is a minimum requirement, good command of English is a strong asset;
- Working knowledge of Russian will be considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/moldova/en/career-opportunities
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 28 March 2021
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply and become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.