Open to experts/organizations local or international
Deadline: March 22, 2021 COB
Internews in Moldova is looking for a qualified expert/organization to analyze Moldovan legislation, financial/banking environment, and local payment system on launching donation and/or subscription platforms for media organizations as legal entities (non-profit or/and commercial). The analysis must contain the findings regarding the possibility for media organizations to launch donation platforms on their web pages and connect to the banking system of Moldova. The expert/organization should also provide recommendations on improving banking procedures, local payment systems, and legislation to allow recurring financial support for media outlets. This study and its references will serve as an opportunity for media organizations to improve and expand their fundraising efforts through online donations and/or subscriptions following legal provisions.
Note: The period of implementation, specific and more advanced topics for this consultancy, will be discussed with the selected expert/organization.
- Analysis of the Moldovan legislation regarding donation/subscription platforms for media organizations (NGOs and companies);
- Analysis of financial/banking procedures and local payment system in case of donation/subscription platforms of Moldovan media organizations;
- Analysis of similar procedures in a reference country (which implement EU standards and recommendations);
- Provide a report that includes both findings and specific steps to be undertaken to establish new donation and/or subscription platforms for media organizations.
- At least five years of proven research and analytical experience;
- Solid knowledge of Moldovan media environment;
- Previous experience in providing research and analytical consultancy on legislation and financial environment;
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines;
- Capacity to analyze, monitor, synthesize and evaluate.
- An updated CV, including contact details for at least two references;
- Financial offer.
Application Submission Instruction
All interested experts/organizations are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to the following e-mail address: email@example.com with Analysis Donation/Subscription Platforms in the subject line, until March 22, 2021.
For any additional questions, please contact Internews in Moldova staff at +373 60500570.
This activity is part of the "Support to Moldovan Media and Innovative Media Literacy Efforts" project financed through Swedish development assistance and implemented by Internews in Moldova, which aims to promote the development of an independent, professional media that provides citizens with access to a diversity of perspectives, and to reduce the media sector's vulnerability to political and financial interests.