Deadline: March 15, 2021 COB
Open to national and international experts
Internews in Moldova is looking for an expert to provide in-house assistance on Mobile Journalism (MoJo) for an independent Moldovan media organization in order to improve the capacity of the newsroom staff to produce a more creative multi-media content, interactive reporting and quality storytelling using mobile devices. The expert will teach relevant staff members media production with a smartphone, new techniques with shot types and angles used by visual storytellers and provide information about the equipment they should use to have the best results from their phones, as well as recommend Apps for photography, video and audio recording, and multi-track video editing. The trainer will also help journalists identify ideas for stories and plan shootings depending on locations and type of reporting (interview, news, posts on social media, etc.), and go LIVE with their phones. Together with the trained journalists, the expert will implement his recommendations, so that the participants have the possibility to learn by doing. At the end of the assistance the expert will provide a set of recommendations on best MoJo practices.
Note: The period of implementation, specific and more advanced topics for this consultancy, and the name of media organizations to work with will be discussed with the selected expert.
- Provide a two-day in-house training session for a media organization;
- Pass on the best practices in producing, filming, and editing video with the smartphones (camera setups, shots, Apps, etc.);
- Teach how to create a mobile video story from start to finish (scriptwriting, storyboard preparation, etc.);
- Train for LIVE broadcast on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or YouTube (equipment, workflow management, Apps, tips and resources);
- Engage the team in exercises to produce MoJo content;
- Provide a written set of recommendations for this specific media organization in order to improve its multi-media content.
- At least five years of experience in journalism, communications, visual storytelling, video production, creative writing, or another relevant field;
- In-depth knowledge of editorial work in a newsroom, new trends in the media, and communication;
- Significant professional experience in Mobile Journalism, digital and new media, video production or another relevant field, and successfully completion of similar projects;
- Capacity to analyze, monitor, summarize, and evaluate.
- An updated CV, including contact details for at least two references;
- Financial offer.
Application Submission Instruction
All interested experts are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with “MoJo Expert" in the subject line, until March 15, 2021.
For any additional questions, please contact Internews in Moldova staff at +373 60500570.
This activity is part of the USAID and UK aid funded project “Media Enabling Democracy, Inclusion and Accountability in Moldova” (MEDIA-M) and implemented by Internews in Moldova, which aims to promote the development of an independent, professional media, and to create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures.