ERIM (former IREX Europe) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to support human rights and strengthen independent media and media education. The ERIM approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
ERIM is looking for an experienced Grant Manager based in Moldova for our programmes supporting Civil Society Organisations (CSOs). The Grant Manager will work across two projects – one with the aim of strengthen CSOs and independent media through capacity building support and small grants and the other one focused on CSO capacity development via organizational assessment, capacity building consultations and training and small grants for outreach and resilience building. The Consultant will be responsible for leading, managing and monitoring the small grants for resilience, events, campaigning, advocacy and core support for organisations affected by the COVID19 pandemic. The position is Moldova-based, with potential for travel in the other countries targeted by the projects.
We accept applications for both part-time and full-time involvement. The Grant Manager will work alongside two other Project Managers.
The Grant Manager will be required to work in proactive cooperation with the ERIM Project Management team in Lyon and Moldova. Office space will be provided if required.
- Plan, manage, implement and monitor the project activities in Moldova (small grants, needs assessment, trainings, evaluation meetings, etc.)
- Manage small grants provided to CSOs in Moldova, including the development of calls for applications, participation in the selection of grantees, coordination with the supported CSOs, mentoring of grant implementation, monitoring visits, checking and approval of financial and narrative grant reports, coordination with ERIM in France to ensure payments, etc.
- Provide regular updates on these grants including photos and success stories of grantees.
- Proactive involvement in capacity development activities including mentoring CSOs and training (depending on the skills of the chosen applicant), identification of other capacity development experts.
- Co-ordinate the other capacity building consultants who will support the project activities
- Regularly communicate with the ERIM team in France on project progress, small grant implementation, success stories, challenges faced in order to identify corrective measures, etc.
- Formal education – degree/masters in a relevant field of study (law, human rights, development, project management, social studies, international relations, etc) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least five years’ experience in project management, grant management and support to CSOs*
- A thorough knowledge and network of contacts of CSOs in Moldova
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule, with excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Romanian
*Candidates with less than 5 years of experience who have other relevant experience or are highly motivated to apply for this job are also encouraged to participate in the call.
- A good level of Russian
- A good knowledge of Moldovan media
The consultant will be recruited under a full time or part-time consultancy contract for 36 months, with a start date on 1 March 2021. Fees are dependent on experience and in compliance with the ERIM project consultancy scale.
If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview.