Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Senior Program Associate (SPA) provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the region. The SPA performs these functions according to direction provided by the Chisinau-based Resident Program Director.The Senior Program Associate (SPA) provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the region. The SPA performs these functions according to direction provided by the Chisinau-based Resident Program Director.
Candidates with a strong background and/or network in the following areas are especially encouraged to apply
- Youth policy, youth development, youth activism, or youth political engagement
- Community organizing and community outreach
- Local and municipal governanceProfessional working proficiency in Romanian and English is required for this position.
Professional working proficiency in Russian is a preference for this position, though it is not required.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 1-4 years of experience in international development or related field.
- Excellent writing, administrative, and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with graphic design and/or data visualization tools or software is positive but not required.
- Familiarity with USAID or other U.S. government funded grants is positive but not required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports the Chisinau-based Resident Program Director to implement grant(s) and ensure grant compliance, including logistical support for program activities and events related to programs in Moldova.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight.
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with program beneficiaries, local partners, and contracted trainers to facilitate IRI’s programs in Moldova
- Interacts with Project Accountant to track spending and invoices for assigned program activities.
- Assists in monitoring program activities by IRI and local partners related to grant workplans.
- Contributes to and supports aspects of the proposal development process for new fundingopportunities, including the development of new program ideas.
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projectsassigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts ofblog articles, social media content, etc.
- Travels within Moldova and Eurasia as needed for program support and implementation.
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives with other offices when possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Resident Program Director, Moldova
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 February 2021, with the subject line: “Application – IRI Moldova SPA [last name]&[first name]"