Position title: Legal Consultant, with experience in drafting normative acts
Reports to: Policy and Research Manager
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Expected duration of assignment: approximately 40 days (during February – May 2021, with the possibility of extension and renewal)
Application deadline: January 15, 2021
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is a 5-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and administered by IREX. The program’s purpose is to improve the capacity of local public authorities (LPAs), including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, build stronger checks and balances between the central and local governments, and facilitate public-private partnerships and inter-municipal cooperation.
CM seeks a consultant to provide support for the State Chancellery of Moldova and the Working group for the reform of the central and local public administration in drafting new legislation and revising existing legislation for advancing local public administration reform efforts. The consultant will conduct legal research, participate in relevant meetings, draft the Law on the local public administration reform, and draft amendments to relevant legislation.
The draft Law on the local public administration reform and legal amendments will be developed in accordance with the decisions adopted by the Working group for the reform of the central and local public administration and other relevant decisions adopted by the Government of Moldova.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in meetings conducted by the Working group for the reform of the central and local public administration and participate in relevant meetings conducted by the State Chancellery.
- Draft the Law on the local public administration reform. The draft law will be based on decisions for advancing the local public administration reform adopted by the Working group for the reform of the central and local public administration and based on other relevant decisions adopted by the Government of Moldova.
- Draft amendments to the Law on administrative-territorial organization, the Law on local public administration, and other laws and regulations related to the local public administration. Amendments will be drafted with the view of harmonizing the current legislation with the provisions of the new Law on the local public administration reform.
- The Consultant will work under the overall guidance of the CM Chief of Party and direct supervision of the Policy and Research Manager.
- Materials provided to the consultant and all proceeding the consultancy contract shall be regarded as confidential, both during and after the consultancy. Violation of confidentiality requirements may result in immediate termination of the contract.
Skills and experience
- Degree in law or another relevant field such as political science or public administration.
Experience and Skills
- Extensive experience (at least 3 years) in drafting legislation.
- Professional experience in the area of public administration will be an advantage.
- Fluency in Romanian language.
- Responsibility, multitasking, flexibility and punctuality.
Submit CV that includes your consulting rate requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Legal Consultant” in the subject line.
Deadline: January 15, 2021 at 18:00 (6 pm)