The NGO “Law Centre of Advocates” is looking for a Legal counsellor to support UNHCR Projects
Public Association “Law Centre of Advocates” (LCA) is a public association, a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit association registered at the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Moldova on 24 February 1997. The LCA's primary propose is to promote the human rights of people in need of international protection (refugees, asylum-seekers), stateless people, people at risk of becoming stateless and vulnerable immigrants (including foreigners detained in public custody) who are most marginalized and at risk of human rights violations.
This is a full - time (100%) until 31 December 2021, subject to further extension based on performance.
- Deliver high-quality protection information to stateless people, applicants for stateless status, people at risk of becoming stateless in Moldova, undocumented persons.
- Provide legal counselling on stateless status determination procedure, integration and naturalization issues for stateless persons and refugees, documentation as per legal status.
- Advocate with state authorities on documentation process, access to social, economic and healthcare systems for stateless people.
- Maintain and update the existing database (PGv4) on daily basis with real-time information on stateless people, applicants for stateless status and people at risk of becoming stateless in Moldova.
- Act as secretary of the procurement commission: prepare necessary documents and present to the LCA’s commission on procurement.
- Introduce electronic payments in the e-bank system.
- Maintain up to date LCA’ social media pages.
Name position: Legal counsellor
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Chisinau, Moldova
Start date: January 2021
Required skills and experience:
- University degree in law, public administration and another related field.
- At least one-year experience in related field is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Previous experience with donors’ projects is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written Romanian, Russian and English are essential.
The Law Center of Advocates is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae and cover letter by e-mail to: [email protected] by 10 January by COB.
Only selected candidates will be invited to the interview.