The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Regional Development within its project „Modernisation of Local Public Services in the Republic of Moldova“.
The overall responsibilities related to this position are as follows:
- providing advisory support to Modernisation of Local Public Services (MLPS) project partners on topics related to regional development, including development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Regional Development Strategies/Programs etc.;
- providing assistance to Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment (MARDE), Regional Development Councils (RDCs) and Regional Development Agencies (RDAs) on Results Based Monitoring (RBM) and in adjusting the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system in regional development towards results - both, at the regional level and at the level of project implementation;
- providing advisory support to South RDA and RDC members in fulfilling their mandates in the framework of the regional development policy and processes;
- facilitating the communication of experiences and lessons learnt between all policy levels by showing case good examples from the local / regional level and upscale this experience to the national level.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Economics, Public Administration, Regional Development and Planning, Management and Organisational Development, or Law;
- detailed knowledge of administrative and governmental structures of the Republic of Moldova;
- at least 5 years of professional working experience in areas of international development, regional planning and programming, and monitoring and evaluation;
- proven experience in developing and maintaining strong partner relationships including negotiation skills with internal and external resources;
- proven methodological knowledge and experience in networking, dialogue and capacity development;
- the knowledge of or experience with participatory approaches would be an asset;
- excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other digital tools); ability to work with Statistics and Databases;
- excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization; mature initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility;
- ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- well-developed understanding of administrative processes;
- excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian and English and exceptional writing skills are mandatory, German and/or Russian would be an asset;
- willing and able to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed;
- since the position requires regular travels to RDA South, the valid category B driving license will be considered as an asset;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 04 January 2021, time 17:00, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labor legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.