Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Job Description: The Office Administrative Assistant provides general administrative support to the local office of American Councils for International Education. The Office Administrative Assistant serves as the central administrative resource for all projects and programs run from our office.
Job Responsibilities – Responsibilities for this position include:
- Organize and collect all documents, receipts, and invoices required by the accounting firm and delivering these documents to their courier.
- Assist the accounting service with transferring of documents and reports to our finance team in Washington, DC.
- Serve as a central resource for the office by answering phones and monitoring the shared information mailbox and then directing people to the correct staff member. Collect mail and packages, inform staff of items received, and assist staff in the shipping of packages and items.
- Assist program coordinators with various tasks such as ordering supplies or equipment, collecting bids from vendors, and providing other program support.
- Assist the Country Director and Executive Director with other requests and duties as needed.
- University degree
- Excellent communication and representational skills
- Upper Intermediate English language skills and the ability to communicate fluently in both Romanian and Russian
- Knowledge or experience with basic accounting functions and rules
- The Office Administrative Assistant will be required to have a clean police background check
- Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge in working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PPT
COVID-19 Pandemic working conditions: During the pandemic, most staff are encouraged to telework as much as possible. However, the Office Administrative Assistant will be required to be in the office a minimum of 3 days a week on a fixed schedule. While in the office, the current office protocols regarding safe practices and masking wearing must be followed. When the office returns to normal, this position will work full time standard business hours.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send a resume or CV plus a cover letter to [email protected] no later than December 11th at 5pm.