Trade and Marketing Coordinator
Chemonics International, Inc. seeks a Trade and Marketing Coordinator for the USAID Moldova High Value Agriculture Activity (HVAA). The project aims to further stimulate the transformation of the Moldovan high-value agricultural (HVA) sector into an engine of economic growth for the country leading to improved competitiveness and higher living standards for rural Moldovans in the long term. Moldova HVAA is implemented by USAID contractor Chemonics International, Inc.
Location of Work: Based in Chisinau, Moldova
Reports to: Trade and Marketing Manager
Position Description: The Trade and Marketing Coordinator will support HVAA market development and market linkage activities in targeted value chains (apples, stone fruits, grapes, berries, vegetables, honey, and others), helping the project and its beneficiaries improve competitiveness of the Moldovan high Value Agricultural sector. S/he will support all aspects of project marketing initiatives, assist with grant implementation, project administration, stakeholder engagement, reporting, monitoring, and strategic thinking. Improved competitiveness of the Moldovan HVA sector – with particular focus on increased sales of HVAA partners on the local and export markets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions) Under direction of the Trade and Marketing Manager, principal tasks under this scope of work include, but are not limited to:
- Support the collection of information and analysis of internal constraints and market opportunities in the targeted value chains;
- Support the HVAA Trade and Marketing Manager to design project strategies and activities in annual work plans for the targeted value chains, helping to ensure that contract indicators are addressed and prioritized with demand-driven interventions, including through identification of grant opportunities and subcontractor needs;
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships with relevant stakeholders including local associations, producers, exporters, and particularly with local and international buyers;
- Support the Trade and Marketing Manager to carry out export-readiness audits and coach export-ready firms to develop and implement strategic marketing plans.
- Help producers and exporters understand the requirements of targeted export markets;
- Help producers and exporters develop professional company profiles, including product availability and offer sheets;
- Help producers and exporters develop their promotional instruments such as printed materials and websites. This may include creating the text content and technical tasks drafting for graphic designers.
- Work with industry associations and firms to develop strategic marketing plans which will promote and increase sales of Moldova’s high value agriculture products in domestic and targeted/prioritized export markets;
- Help exporters prepare trial shipments; track arrivals and coordinate information sharing about quality issues and buyer behavior;
- Support the organization of inward buyer missions and outward trade missions;
- Coordinate effective in-person and online trade show participation, including pre-planning and follow-up;
- Participate in sales data collection from the project`s beneficiaries;
- Identify opportunities and broker partnerships and develop catalytic grant concepts to advance the competitiveness of Moldova’s high value agriculture;
- Coordinate training activities to disseminate information about market opportunities and buyers’ requirements;
- Assist with locating and recommending relevant short-term consultants, develop Scopes of Work, monitor and facilitate their work;
- When possible, assist the technical team to incorporate gender considerations into relevant program activities;
- Collaborate with the project Grants Team to draft grant solicitations and follow-up training, liaising with, and effectively monitoring all grantees of market-related grants, including the quantifiable and qualifiable results, compliance, and progress of grants and grantees;
- Collaborate with the M&E Manager to gather data on project outputs and impact on the targeted value chains;
- Collaborate with the Food Safety and Post-Harvest Specialist and the Environmental Specialist to identify and address environmental and food safety issues related to the sectors and ensure that targeted producer organizations in the sectors work towards and attain international food safety standards as specified in the project contract and annual work plans;
- Assist the Agriculture Policy Reform Specialist to identify, diagnose, and recommend reforms to agribusiness enabling environment constraints that hinder market development across the targeted value chains;
- Contribute to bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports; draft concept notes, various memos for internal and external consumption, as requested by HVAA CoP and HVAA Trade and Marketing Manager;
- Develop procurement specifications, draft solicitations, and assist with marketing-related procurement or services selection;
- Other duties as directed.
Desired qualifications and experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties:
- Experience in coordinating marketing activities in FMCG sector;
- Outstanding oral and written English and Romanian skills required. Russian language skills, advantageous;
- Previous work experience in a similar role, preferred;
- Experience working on USAID or donor-funded programs, preferred;
- Experience with agricultural sector, advantageous;
- Skills and knowledge in digital marketing (AdWords, Facebook etc.), advantageous;
- Interest and knowledge in marketing and consumer behavior;
- Conversant with MS Office;
- Working knowledge of design software (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems, advantageous;
- Good organizational and time-management skills, required;
- Experience planning complex events, advantageous;
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Proven ability to work professionally and constructively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in challenging environments.
Application letter along with a CV should be sent in English to HVAARecruitment@chemonics.com. The deadline for submission is December 18, 2020. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Chemonics International, Inc. (www.chemonics.com) is a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.