The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Analytical Assistant within European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM), according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 1 December 2020.
Position Title: Analytical Assistant
Duty Station: Moldova (change of location within the country might be required)
Type of Appointment: Service Contract
Organizational unit: Transnistrian Settlement Team
Expected duration of assignment: 1 December 2020 – 30 November 2021
Closing Date: 6 November 2020
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Team Leader of Transnistrian Settlement Team (TST), and overall supervision of the Chief of Administration the incumbent assists in contributing to the implementation of the TST objectives through analysis and reporting. The Analytical Assistant works in close collaboration with the Finance Specialist, Human Resources Specialist, and Procurement and Logistics Specialist of the EUBAM Administration for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Assure smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EC established operational rules and procedures;
- Contribute to drafting of reports on progress achieved in the implementation of EUBAM Plan of Action such as Mission’s monthly and annual reports. Contribute to the drafting of the Mission’s narrative progress and final reports according to the General Conditions.
- Contribute to development of concept papers and strategies of Transnistrian Settlement Team (TST);
- Draft briefings, speaking notes, presentations and background papers on topics related to the activities of the TST;
- Assist in analysis of data and information received from the EUBAM units and partner services using wide selection of research tools with the objective to solicit findings and observations. Ensure implementation of proper controls of non-violation of data-protection guidelines within TST and ensure archiving of all operational data.
- Attend all relevant TST meetings and when required take minutes or prepare mission reports;
- Participate in preparation, implementation and follow up of project activities;
- Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including tickets, etc.) related to the TST activities;
- Facilitate the process of procurement and delivery of goods and services;
- Maintain updated networks of project partners;
- Maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.;
- Facilitate project related training/learning activities and working/research visits;
- Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of project-related files;
- Assure that the progress reporting is done in a timely and quality manner based on internal documents approved by EUBAM management;
- Provide oral and written translations from English into Romanian or Russian and vice versa as required by the project;
- Prepare, proofread and/or edit the project’s correspondence and other official documents;
- Ensure due care of premises, equipment, vehicles (including their spare parts, consumables, keys etc.), supplies and other property that is entrusted to him/her;
- Readily accept temporary assignments involving travelling to other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment on demand;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University Degree in philology, economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration, international relations or other related fields;
- Five years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage;
- Sound background in data processing, analysis and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and independence in analysis;
- Practical knowledge of data visualization techniques;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Romanian and Russian languages is a must;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Email your IOM Personal History form (http://eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to the following email address email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Please note that for technical reasons EUBAM mailing server cannot accept applications submitted from email accounts hosted at mail.ru and yandex.ru.
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 6 November 2020; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.