REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
National Legal Consultant
to support reengineering of public services and CUPS piloting
REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Modernization of Government Services Project
Project ID No. P148537
Reference No.: MD-EGA-195416-CS-INDV
The Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Modernization of Government Services Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The main objective of the assignment is to support eGA in developing the necessary legal and normative framework for the reengineering of public services and CUPS piloting, including:
- review proposed adjustments to the legal and normative framework, developed by the Reengineering Company, to ensure the quality, completeness and fitness for the purpose of such deliverables
- develop the operational procedures (instructions) for the provision of selected public services (see Annex 2) through Unified Service Provision Centers (CUPS) established in selected municipalities (see Annex 3), as part of the CUPS piloting process..
The e-Governance Agency now invites local individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions) and meet the following minimum qualification requirements:
- University degree in law or related fields from a leading locally or internationally recognized and accredited university;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of the Moldovan Government setup and good knowledge of legislation and legal regulations on government operations;
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in legal expertise and drafting legal instruments (including bills, regulations etc.), with special reference to public service delivery and/or public institution management is required;
- Prior professional experience working in e-governance would be a strong asset;
- Ability to work effectively with ministries, other leading policymakers in the Government, high-ranking national and regional government officials, to advise and interact with all levels of management and staff;
- Ability to effectively communicate and write in the Romanian language. Knowledge of English and/or Russian would be an asset.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, i.e. 09:00 to 17:00 local time.
Time Frame: This is a short-term assignment expected to start in October 2020 and the contract will be signed for 9 months with an estimated level of effort of 90 man-days. The contract could be extended beyond the original term, if necessary and for objective reasons, subject to Consultant’s satisfactory performance and the same fee rate.
For further details, please see the Terms of Reference.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their letters of intent and CVs with the mark “IC – National Legal Consultant” by October 19, 2020 COB to the address below:
E-Governance Agency of the Republic of Moldova
Attn: Elena Adam, Procurement Specialist
MD-2012, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova,
42B, A. Puskin str.,
Phone: (+373 22) 820-021