The European Network of Election Observation Organizations (ENEMO) is a group of 23 election observer organizations from 18 countries of post-communist countries of the OSCE region supporting and advancing best international democratic observation standards in the region.
ENEMO is preparing to deploy an Election Observation Mission (EOM) for the Presidential Elections in the Republic of Moldova, scheduled for November 1st 2020.
The EOM is therefore undertaking recruitment of Assistants/Translators for the Long-Term Observers.
Long-Term Observers will be operating remotely from their country of residence.
Vacant positions of Assistants/Translators are open for the following locations: Balti, Chisinau, Comrat and Orhei (one position per each location).
Closing Date of application: September 25th, 2020 (by the end of the day).
Expected starting date of employment: October 1st, 2020.
Expected duration of the employment: 7 weeks.
Application procedure: the interested candidates should send a recent Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter to the email address: [email protected] by September 25th (by the end of the day). The subject of the email should be “Application for local staff – EOM Moldova 2020 – [position and location you are applying for]”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Terms of reference for the positions of Assistant/Translator to Long-Term Observers:
Responsible to: ENEMO EOM Long-Term Observers
Job Summary: Assistant provides translation and assistant service to observers.
- Provides oral and /or writing translation to the observers;
- Provides assistance in organizing meetings and events, plans working time, keeps contacts, prepares documents, etc.;
- Participates in external meetings;
- Travels outside the place of deployment;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent knowledge of the language of the host country;
- Russian in case of positions in Balti and Comrat;
- Good knowledge of English language;
- Good organizational and computer skills;
- Ability to work having irregular working hours;
- Readiness to travel.
Essential but not obligatory:
- Domestic or international election observation experience.