SCOPE OF WORK (SOW): Project Assistant
The development of the first ICT Excellence Center in Moldova was started in September 2015, under a USAID project, together with a number of strategic partners. It aims to improve Moldova’s global competitiveness and its business and investment environment. Innovative, high-value technology products and businesses are essential for development of the knowledge-based economy. Science, innovation and technology are the key drivers of the sustainable growth and competitiveness.
The project will be implemented as a private-public partnership (though Global Development Alliances instrument (GDA)), between the Moldovan Government, private industry, academia and donors. The private partners include multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, and also Moldovan Association of Private ICT Companies (ATIC) members that are local (operated) ICT companies. The private partners will bring significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies and development activities, such as trainings, practical assignments, and mentorship. The private sector partners will have the chance to use the center to communicate with the university, SMEs, startups, professionals and contribute to the curricula improvement answering the market needs, as well as the improvement of the IT and entrepreneurship ecosystem that will lead to the economic growth of the country. The Government of Moldova supports this project at the highest level of the Prime Minister, and the partners include Ministry of ICT, Ministry of Education, and E-Government Center. The space will be provided by the Technical University, as part of the Government commitment to this project. The e-Government Center will use the center as a training and capacity building resource for the public e-transformation and IT managers.
Over 1,000 beneficiaries are expected to receive relevant training per year. As a result of the project, the skills of the Moldovan work force and the ICT industry in Moldova will be improved.
The excellence center is planned to meet the following main tasks: education, networking, support, promotion and information management. Education services will include training, consulting and mentoring services for the SMEs, entrepreneurs, academia, public IT sector representatives. The content of the activities will include technical subjects with the possibility of demonstration of the latest technologies and soft business skills such as project management, marketing, communication, leadership and other. The center will be properly equipped for on-site training facilities, as well as offer the possibility to conduct trainings off-site upon need. The beneficiaries of the center will be coming from private sector, public sector and academia.
The center will host IT specialists networking events, students meetings with IT professionals and mentors, incoming professors and trainers, business to business meetings, startups to investors meetings, and other. The center will offer co working space for IT professionals and business people, as well as offer group or individual consultations for business development, technical support and seeking investment. All of the activities will be supported by the specifically designed infrastructure, which is currently unavailable in Moldova.
02. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
The Project Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of projects assigned to her/him, providing support to projects implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting the project manager in project related activities, ensuring smooth operations of the project and consistency of project implementation with donors rules and regulations, supporting planning, monitoring and evaluation activities of the project, in articulation with the Project Manager.
03. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Carry out the assignment as defined in the SOW.
• Complete the final deliverables in a timely manner as defined bellow.
• Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture
• Maintain high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflict of interests
• Support all aspects of project implementation as needed.
04. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in the implementation of the project related action plans;
• Maintain up-to-date files and records of project documentation;
• Provide logistical support for workshops, trainings, events and other meetings as tasked by the project manager;
• Support to follow-up on project auditing issues;
• Receive and issue invoices; prepare relevant documents for payment (PARs;
• Assist/carry out the procurements planed within the project, prepare documentation related with procurement process;
• Provide support in the monitoring and evaluation of the activities carried out under the project;
• Participate in the development of narrative and financial reports on the implemented activities;
• Maintain ongoing communication with project beneficiaries and partners;
• Perform any other administrative or financial task as assigned by supervisor, senior accountant of the Project Coordinator with are consistent with the general Assistant scope of work and the general project requirements.
• PARs, Invoices,
• Payment plans
• Beneficiaries database (update)
Period of performance
The assignment will begin on/about October 2020.
Interested candidates shall submit the following documents:
• Motivation letter;
• CV of the applicant, including details of two reference persons.
The application package shall be submitted via email to: [email protected] with the subject line: „Project Assistant”, by September 29, 2020 (17:00). Only selected persons will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.