Position: Media Adviser
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: 3 months, with possible extension
IREX is an independent, international, nonprofit organization that works with local partners to solve development challenges and create positive lasting change around the world. To build a more just, prosperous and inclusive world, IREX and its partners empower youth, cultivate leaders, strengthen institutions, and extend access to quality education and information.
Summary of position:
IREX seeks qualified Media Adviser candidates for a US State Department-funded project that aims to create a sustainable, growth-oriented environment in Moldova’s creative television content industry. The project supports the diversification of the television entertainment programming both by supporting the locally produced television series and licensing and broadcasting of American content dubbed in Romanian.
The Media Adviser will report to the Project Director and will be responsible for managing the daily implementation of the project. S/he will have a good knowledge and understanding of the TV media landscape in Moldova at national and regional level, proven expertise in local TV content production as well as good understanding of the advertising opportunities and sponsorship alignments.
The selected candidate will be designing, building and maintaining relationships with selected and potential project production partners, national and regional broadcasters, managing larger sized production subgrants, overseeing dubbing activities, conducting monitoring and evaluation activities, communicating with staff in DC and Moldova and ensuring compliance with donor’s and IREX’ requirements.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Design and implement tailored production strategies for all project production partners;
- Provide technical support, capacity development and mentoring to project’s beneficiaries;
- Set-up and maintain viable partnerships with selected and potential project partners, both national and regional;
- Manage and track subgrant production deliverables and ensure timely reporting;
- Ensure compliance with donor & IREX’ requirements, policies and regulations;
- Support implementation of the M&E framework of the project;
- Support efforts in project planning, budgeting, and administrative issues;
- Collaborate with team in the region and at IREX DC;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience
- Legal resident of Moldova with authorization to work;
- University degree in journalism, communications, or other related field compulsory;
- 5 years of demonstrated experience working in TV media sector;
- A deep and comprehensive understanding of the national and regional TV media sector, including a network among media professionals in television;
- Proven experience in strengthening and/or effective media sector capacity development;
- Demonstrated ability and experience with integrating new and innovative approaches to television content production;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills required;
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required. Proficiency in Russian preferred;
- Knowledge of Nielsen systems and understanding of ratings and viewing statistics preferred.
Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application to the following email: email@example.com with the subject title “Media Adviser” by September 14, 2020. Applications are examined on a rolling basis therefore it is in the interest of all candidates to submit their application as early as possible.
No phone calls please