Call to Action:
- Are you a person that is committed to UNFPA and the UN system in general?
- Do you exemplify integrity and embrace cultural diversity and change?
- Are you great at strategizing, leading, developing and empowering people?
- Do you excel in making right decisions and exercising balanced judgments?
- Can you deliver the highest possible results in a very short period of time and in challenging circumstances?
If so, this might be the job for you.
Under the guidance of the Representative the Operations Manager (OM) supports planning for UNFPA Country Office (CO) operations, supporting management targets and outsourced services, ensuring timely implementation, monitoring and reporting, addressing risks, promoting efficiency and effectiveness for the accomplishment of desired results.
The Operations Manager, leads the operations team in supporting a smooth functioning of financial and budget management, procurement and vendor management, administration and asset management, ICT, travel and logistics management, and human resources and premises management.
You will report to the Representative and be part of the Programme Management Team.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing the Country Programme 2018 - 2022 which is aligned with the Republic of Moldova–United Nations Partnership Framework for Sustainable Development 2018–2022 and the UNFPA Global Strategic Plan 2018 – 2021.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Operations Manager ensures a fully accountable, well-managed and results-oriented Country Office (CO). You will contribute your operational expertise to facilitate effective delivery of UNFPA country programme, which aims to realize 2030 Development Agenda in order to make a positive difference in the lives of millions of people. Participating in inter-agency coordination, you will foster a collaborative, client-oriented approach towards the UNFPA CO team, UNFPA Implementing Partners and UN community, supporting an effective communication and cooperation with the Regional Office (RO) and the Headquarters (HQ).
You will be responsible for:
- In close collaboration with programme team and senior management, contributing to effective planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on country programme and projects results and achievements.
- Contributing to strategic and efficient management and oversight of financial resources though; tracking of available resources, ensuring financial policy compliance, establishing reporting structures, control mechanisms and performance indicators.
- Managing day-to-day office operations, ensuring smooth running of the office and provision of high quality and timely service delivery by the operations team in a client-oriented manner.
- Addressing operational bottlenecks in a proactive manner, advising when deviations from regulations may be required, and proposing alternative solutions to meet outcomes.
- Monitoring and facilitating execution of financial, administrative, HR, ICT, logistics and travel services, and overseeing procurement and vendor management, asset and inventory management, premises and common services; maximizing efficiency and effectiveness, streamlining and simplifying internal processes.
- Assessing operational and staffing requirements for implementation of the country programme, supporting optimal staffing of the office and projects through executing timely recruitments, induction and training of personnel.
- Supporting effective national execution of UNFPA activities, monitoring and building capacity of UNFPA Implementing Partners, conducting assurance activities in line with HACT framework.
- Overseeing procurement and vendor management processes in line with corporate procedures, ensuring timely provision of goods and services for the CO; securing required clearances and undertaking negotiations and effectively performing contract management processes.
- Supervising operations team, including out-sourced operations personnel, at the CO
- Participating in inter-agency meetings and contributing to UN reform, as well as ensuring UNFPA interests are reflected in activities related to e.g. common services and premises, financial arrangements security and etc.
- Supporting a continuous flow of up-to-date information between the CO and the Regional Office and HQ.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in business administration, public administration, finance, accounting, social science or a related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in administration, finance, human resources, procurement or office management.
- Progressively responsible experience in operations with UN or International NGO is desirable.
- Ability to supervise and lead.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, strong inter-personal, coordination and communications skills. Ability to build effective relationships.
- High integrity standards, strong capacity for sound judgement and capability to work with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in current office software applications, ERP and corporate ICT systems.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauz, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
• Exemplifying integrity,
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
• Embracing cultural diversity,
• Embracing change
• Managing the organization’s financial resources
• Managing recruitment processes
• Developing ICT standards and applications
• Providing procurement services
• Ensuring facilities and assets management
• Achieving results,
• Being accountable,
• Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
• Thinking analytically and strategically,
• Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
• Communicating for impact
· Providing strategic focus,
· Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
· Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
· Making decisions and exercising judgment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova are eligible to apply.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 23 August 2020 (Midnight New York, USA).