HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation office in Moldova is implementing OPTIM project (Opportunities through Technologies and Innovation in Moldova) under Swiss Development Cooperation mandate. The project will work in two sectors, Agriculture and ICT, and try to address employment and income generation challenges.
For this HELVETAS is looking for an Opportunity Fund Manager that will be responsible for managing and overseeing the implementation of the opportunity fund and document the impact of the project by working closely with the outcome teams in developing, implementing and evaluating project’s specific activities.
The Opportunity Fund Manager’s ability to push forward systemic approaches in all stages of programming will be one of the position’s three success factors. The second will be the degree to which that person promotes and captures learning from his /her work and network of contacts, institutionalizing activity reviews, identifying and evaluating preconceptions and promoting a culture of inquiry. The third success factor will be the degree to which that person drives results, making critical decisions and producing scheduled outputs at deadline and to expected quality.
Main Tasks and Activities
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the opportunity fund including fund’s investments and operations
- Sourcing investment opportunities in selected sectors for creating economic opportunities
- Cooperate with sector coordinators & project officers to identify investment opportunities
- Liaise with other initiatives to create partnerships for mutual investments
- Structuring and designing grant procedures
- Communicate with fund stakeholders
- Organize OF meetings and participate in evaluation and the selection of beneficiaries
- Follow-up grant investments and ensure appropriate implementation
- Identify, monitor and coordinate consultants for providing specialized technical assistance to beneficiaries in cases there are “grant plus” concept
- Provide ad-hoc reporting based on specific interventions and annual reports to Team Leader
- Contribute to a dynamic program environment that promotes open discussion and inquiry
- Take primary responsibility for data collection for OF beneficiaries
- Establish procedures and guidelines to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of all work under Opportunity Fund projects with the support of the MRM Coordinator, while strictly following MRM manual
- Provide communication, expertise and advice to different stakeholders
- Participate in compiling and reviewing of reports
- Support project activities in selected sectors
Education and Experience
- Academic degree in business administration, economics or related socio-economic subjects
- At least 3 years of proven project management/coordination experience
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of the private sector in Moldova (working experience here is of advantage)
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to network
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian language. Good knowledge of Russian will be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of English language (both orally and written).
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing
- Service oriented interpersonal skill
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitasking
- Ability to identify and adapt to shifting priorities on a daily basis
- Ability to draft correspondence, type, collect and organize records
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn specific software programs if required.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to develop and maintain a large network of work-related contacts
- Conflict management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV in English to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 30th March 2020
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hostingul si serviciile internet pentru administrarea portalului CIVIC.MD sunt oferite gratuit de compania Starnet