Position Title: Procurement and Grants Assistant
Company: IREX Moldova
Program: Comunitatea Mea
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
IREX is an independent, international, nonprofit organization that works with local partners to solve development challenges and create positive lasting change around the world. To build a more just, prosperous and inclusive world, IREX and its partners empower youth, cultivate leaders, strengthen institutions, and extend access to quality education and information.
Summary of the Comunitatea mea Program:
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is a program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and administered by IREX. The program’s purpose over the course of the five years is to improve the capacity of local public authorities (LPAs), including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, build stronger checks and balances between the central and local governments, and facilitating public-private partnerships and inter-municipal cooperation.
The Procurement and Grants Assistant will support transparent and effective procurement processes and reporting according to USAID, IREX, and local requirements. The Procurement and Grants Assistant will assist Procurement and Grants Specialist (PGS) in implementing of the sub-grant and sub-award process, drafting required documentation and keeping complete and accurate filing.
General duties and responsibilities:
The Procurement and Grants Assistant will assume the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Follow IREX Procurement Policy, USAID regulations, and local legislation in performing the assigned tasks;
- Track and maintain updated program records of sub-award, procurement process;
- Assist PGS in organizing timely and efficient procurement of goods, supplies, and services, drafting RfQs, RfPs, and ITBs;
- Assist in performing of pre-award assessment for contractors and beneficiaries of the program;
- Assist PGS in monitoring of sub-awards and conducting field visits to the beneficiaries of the program (LPAs);
- Based on the existing templates draft agreements, contracts, announcements, other procurement documents;
- Prepare procurement documents for selecting vendors/contractors;
- Review the bids or proposals, check the applications’ budgets;
- Collect all the necessary information for submitting through the IREX Sub-award system;
- Conduct market research in order to formulate and implement procurement as assigned by the supervisor;
- Provide technical support in preparing of sub-award documents, contracts for goods and services to Moldova office;
- Provide guidance and support to LPAs procurement responsible staff as necessary;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, procurement, or other related fields preferred;
- Experience issuing contracts under donor-funded programs is preferable
- Experience in coordinating or managing grants in Moldova;
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience preferred;
- Ability to multitask and to work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent writing, editing, and analytical skills;
- Thorough attention to detail;
- Professional proficiency in English and Russian/Romanian is required.
Submit a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com. Please include “Procurement and Grants Assistant” in the subject line.
Deadline: March 24th , 2020 at 9:00 am.
Applicants will be selected for an interview on a rolling basis.
* IREX will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.
Hostingul si serviciile internet pentru administrarea portalului CIVIC.MD sunt oferite gratuit de compania Starnet