The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Investment Promotion and SME Linkages in Gagauzia within its project “Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government “.
The Advisor will act as a focal point for the coordination and successful implementation of the project activities in Gagauzia related to investment promotion and linkages of local Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to existing Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs). The work place for this position is within the facilities of the Investment Agency of Gagauzia “Invest Gagauzia” in Comrat.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
- Advising ATU Gagauzia Executive Committee and the Agency in the attraction of foreign direct investment and SME linkages;
- Supporting the activities as well as capacity development of the Agency (according to relevant regulations);
- Supporting the Agency, the Executive Committee, and the GIZ-project team in the main aspects of investment promotion (lead generation – investor servicing – aftercare) and in the area of SME linkages;
- Supporting investment and business generation activities towards the inclusion of disadvantaged groups;
- Active networking with relevant government, business, and civil society stakeholders, as well as development partners.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Economics, International Relations, Industrial Engineering or other areas relevant for the implementation of described responsibilities;
- At least 3 years of professional working experience in a consulting company, or relevant industry experience in private sector, public institution, international development organization or business association, or in a comparable and relevant position;
- Proven experience in the field of Investment attraction and/or SME promotion;
- Proven experience in the field of marketing or sales would be an asset;
- Work experience in both, Moldovan and foreign companies is a plus;
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to negotiate, be a strong team player, possess excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills and have initiative;
- Proven experience in elaboration of drafts of legal and normative documents;
- Understanding of companies´ mindsets and their investment processes;
- Proven ability to interact with senior managers of international corporations/ organizations and high-level officials;
- Outstanding networking and communication skills;
- A developed professional network within relevant government and industry stakeholders is advantageous;
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of Romanian, Russian, Gagauz/ Turkish and English; knowledge of German, would be an asset;
- Very good working knowledge of standard office software;
- Ability to work on individual responsibility but in close cooperation with the team and superior;
- A valid category B driving licence;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 23rd of March 2020, time 17:00, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This project is implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).