Task Manager in Public Administration / Public Services and Focal Point Monitoring and Results Measurement
Skat Consulting Ltd. invites qualified candidates with a background in Public Administration, Economics, Public Finances, or Public Law to apply to the position of Task Manager in Public Administration / Public Services and Focal Point Monitoring and Results Measurement within the Mă Implic – Project on civic engagement in local governance (Phase 1: 01.11.2019-31.10.2023), funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Skat Consulting Ltd. is a Swiss consulting company with 40 years of track record of successful, high-impact projects and partnerships, adding value to companies, organizations, and government agencies at home and abroad. Since more than 12 years Skat is supporting local public administrations in Moldova (formerly through the ApaSan project) and neighboring countries.
The “Ma Implic” project aims at ensuring that rural population of Moldova has equitable access to quality public service provision. At the local level, the project will support Local Public Authorities (LPA) in 30 targeted partner municipalities to manage service provision in a participatory, effective, inclusive and sustainable way. People will also be more engaged in local decision-making and monitoring of service provision in targeted municipalities thanks to the intervention of the project. At the national level, the project will support the policy, legal and financial environment for quality public service provision and decentralization reform.
The position will be contracted as a full-time position till the end of 2020, with the possibility of extension and starts as soon as potential candidate will be selected.
The Task Manager (TM) will:
- manage implementation of all tasks related to partners LPA, including (1) support for service provision; (2) ensure relations to project partners, design of interventions, and manage technical asistance.
- possibly, support activities related to citizen’s engagement in public services.
- be responsible for Monitoring and Results Measurement of all project interventions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Local Public Administration, Economics, Public Finances, Public Law or other relevant fields. Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional experience is required at national or international level in the field of public administration, with substantial recent work experience in local development projects, with focus on governance and public service provision (e.g water supply and sanitation, solid waste management).
- Practical experience in citizen’s engagement in public services and inter-municipal cooperation is a strong asset.
- Previous work experience for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector / consulting firm in the field of Local Public Administration is a very strong advantage.
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation (responsible or contributing to the development and the implementation of a monitoring and results measurement system).
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Romanian and Russian
Applications shall include CV (max 4 pages); Cover letter (1 page) indicating 3 reference persons, as supervisors from previous assignments. Applications will be received until 12:00h on March 10, 2020, either electronically in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org or on paper in a closed envelope submitted to the address below and marked as follows: Job application Task Manager PA/PS, confidential, Mă Implic, Str. Mateevici 34, Chisinau.
Applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Only complete applications will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.