Position: IT expert
Reporting to: EcoContact, Project Manager
Post type: Individual service contact (fee based)
Estimated implementation period of assignment: February 04, 2020 – March 15, 2020
Working languages: Russian, Romanian
The project is aimed at reducing the risks from obsolete and currently used pesticides for the communities from the both banks of river Nistru.
To achieve that the project will be addressing three main aspects:
- raising awareness of key stakeholders (environmental authorities, educational institutions, civil society organizations, local authorities) and level of their knowledge in the area of obsolete and currently used pesticides;
- raising technical capacities in risks identification;
- and improvement of legal framework on pesticides management.
The project will bring in the existing experience in remediation of contaminated territories, support tailoring to local needs the international methodologies of risks identification and their piloting; support the improvement of legal framework in the area. Activities with different target groups from both banks of the river Nistru will help to identify joined interests in the area of chemical safety, facilitate exchange of experience on the technical level and formulate the proposals for joined working groups on confidence building in the area of environment to reduce environment and health risks caused by dangerous substances. The project will support Transnistrian State University in Tiraspol in elaboration of the on-line course on obsolete pesticides. IT expert will support the project in integration of the course developed by a team of experts into the existing Moodle system of the University.
The objective and tasks of the assignment:
The purpose of this position is to support the technical integration of the existing course on Pesticides management that will be developed into the existing Moodle system of the University. The work will be done under the supervision of EcoContact project manager and with close cooperation with the representatives of the University: responsible for the technical and content parts. To set up the course the version of Moodle used by the University is to be updated.
This assignment foresees several visits to support Transnistrian State University in Tiraspol (clarification of the works to be performed, presentation of the final result), while most of the work can be done home based. The specific tasks of the assignment are as follows:
- Setting Unix server and the cPanel (Hosting Platform of choice).
- Installing the new version of the Moodle
- Setting the on-line course on Pesticides (developed by the Project) in the University Moodle system.
- Setting the system of the backup and documenting the processes for the course developed.
Deliverables and timeline for the implementation of the assignment:
Setting the server, Moodle and the project course online
28 February, 2020
Developing system backup and documenting the process
15 March, 2020
- Advanced university degree in IT, any other relevant field;
- At least 10 years of work in the IT industry;
- Experience in work with virtual environments’ and knowledge in disaster recovery and application failover
- Certification as MCP, MCSA, MCSE in Windows server is highly desirable;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience, including practical experience in developing and implementation of development projects, work with the NGOs will be considered as an advantage; Ability to analyze, plan, communicate effectively orally and in writing, draft report, solve problems, organize and meet expected results, adapt to different environments (cultural, economic, political and social);
- Fluency in Russian and Romanian orally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal skills, solid judgment/decision making, initiative, creativity and team player; self-starter and results-oriented;
- Ability to deliver the work according to the timeline and workplan
- Experience of work in the team and coordination of IT development projects.
Payment will be done on submission and approval of all deliverables stipulated above according to invoice.
How to apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- CV. The CV should reflect the relevant experience in the area of assignment.
- Financial Proposal. The applicant should provide fee per day and number of days that are expected for the implementation of the assignment. The financial proposal (fee per day) should include all costs, including travel, communication and other. (please indicate the number of days per
- Approach for the implementation of assignment. Short presentation (up to one page: in English, Russian or Romanian) on how the assignment will be implemented with indication of the relevant experience from the previous assignment.
Documents can pe provided in one of following languages English, Romanian or Russian.
Please send the documents with the indication of the Lot in the subject line before January 30, 2020 to the email address of email@example.com
For detailed information, please contact Catalina Arghir, Project Manager, 022 996162