The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is seeking an individual expert to provide advisory services in research and strategic recommendations for strengthening communication strategies and countering disinformation specifically on the topic of gender, gender-based violence online and hate speech online for the project Info Trust Alliance Moldova. The services within the assignment will be provided in the period between November 2023 – March 2024.
The selected expert will conduct all the activities in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the Terms of Reference (ToR) and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: email@example.com, indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than October 31, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
The short-term expert shall meet the following criteria and qualifications:
Qualification and skills
- Advanced degree in a relevant field such as Communication, International Relations, Development Studies, or a related discipline;
- Proficient in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Proven report writing skills;
- Capacity to provide concise and informative updates in a clear and actionable manner;
- Excellent command of Romanian, Russian and English.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of public relations with a strong focus on gender and strategic communication;
- Strong experience in gender policy working for public institutions and/or civil society organizations;
- Previous working and analytical experience in designing communication plans for public institutions and/or civil society organizations;
- Proven working experience in gender policy analysis;
- Familiar with the priorities and mandates of state institutions;
- Strong regional and local contacts, ability to reach out to key stakeholders.
The successful application shall include:
1. Technical Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Detailed CV and maximum 2 pages of Motivation letter.
2. Financial Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Financial offer shall include a breakdown of days per each deliverable to be submitted, the gross daily rate in MDL and the total amount per up to 30 workdays of assignment.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality is guaranteed.
Successful offerors will be further asked for additional documentation such as copy of ID, bank data and other, as it might be required for the contracting. The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract.
Applicants shall hold the Moldovan citizenship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Bid’s evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical Proposal (CV) and 30% for the financial Proposal. Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope to the GIZ country office – Chisinau, 73/1 Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Bvd., National Business Center, 9th floor – indicating the tender number 83451395, not later than November 2, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.