The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is seeking an individual short-term expert to provide expertise and support with comprehensive research activities in the field of youth employment, vocational education and labour market, within its SFF measure on “youth employment promotion”. The services within the assignment will be provided in the period between September 2023 – December 2023.
The selected expert will conduct all the activities in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the Terms of Reference (ToR) and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than August 28, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
The short-term expert shall meet the following criteria and qualifications:
Qualification and skills:
- University degree of masters’ level in economy, education, political science or similar;
- Good knowledge of Moldova`s government program and the reform program of the National Employment Agency);
- Relevant network of national and regional contacts and the ability to reach out to key stakeholders;
- Good network within the development partners and NGO environment in Moldova;
- High analytical thinking and excellent writing skills;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with a flexible and problem-solving approach;
- Working knowledge of Romanian, English, Russian and German;
- at least 10 years of expertise in project management (technical assistance will be an asset);
- at least 10 years of expertise in comprehensive research and drafting reports, concepts and strategies with special focus on employment, labour market and vocational education;
- strong working experience in the fields of employment, labour market and vocational education (technical assistance will be an asset);
- strong experience in working with state institutions and their subordinated structures as well as with the private sector, business associations and CSOs;
Offers must be prepared in English or German.
The successful application must be submitted in two parts and shall include:
- Technical proposal (in a separate document): Detailed CV and maximum 2 pages of motivation letter
- Financial proposal (in a separate document): Financial offer shall include: a breakdown of days per each deliverable to be submitted, the gross daily rate in MDL and the total amount per up to 80 workdays of the assignment; in-country travel expenses for up to 15 days;
Applicants shall hold the Moldovan citizenship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Bid´s evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical aspect (CV, motivation letter) and 30% for the financial offer. Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
Applications shall be delivered in sealed envelopes (physical form), showing the tender number (83446066) and subject on it, to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau (73/1 Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Boulevard, NBC building; 9th floor, Chișinău) not later than 30.08.2023, time 15:00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered.
GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.