UNICEF Moldova LRPS-2023-9182977 Provision of Assessment, Survey, Strategy Development and Engineering Services of WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) in schools in Republic of Moldova
UNICEF Moldova invites interested companies to submit their proposals for Provision of Assessment, Survey, Strategy Development and Engineering Services of WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) in schools in Republic of Moldova
Purpose of the institutional consultancy
The institutional consultancy aims to undertake an in-depth assessment to identify the WASH gaps/ needs in 300 schools and assess the knowledge, attitude and practices of children, caregivers, support staff and teachers around WASH in Moldova. Develop WASH in school (WinS) strategy and costed action plan and recommend different sustainable child- and environment-friendly, energy efficient, climate-resilient approaches and innovative water, sanitation and hygiene services models.
The firm also prepares the tender documents and supervises/monitors the implementation (construction work) of water and sanitation facilities in schools. Apart from the above, the consultancy firm will also recommend the following:
- How does the combination of WASH in school interventions improve the quality of education.
- What are the types of partnerships, activities, modalities of engagement that are the most effective at sustainability and scalability.
- The firm to support the setting up of an investment plan and suggest financing model(s) for the full implementation of the WASH action plan to ensure 100% of schools have WASH services in the country.
Objectives of the consultancy
The consultancy firm will be responsible for facilitating the implementation of WASH in schools services, including:
o The assessment of WASH infrastructures/facilities in 300 schools
o Conduct pre-KAP survey including MHM (Menstrual Hygiene Management)
o Prepare the child-friendly designs, BOQs/drawings considering the energy-efficient, environment-friendly and climate/disaster resilient standards
o Recommend infrastructural and soft components of the programme based on the findings of the KAP
o Recommend capacity building, such as training for students and teachers, if required
o Develop the WASH in School strategy, costed action plan and investment plan with financing
options to achieve the three-star ratings for all schools in the country
o Prepare the tender documents for the construction of WASH infrastructure
o Support with technical evaluation of the offers
o Supervise/monitor and coordinate the construction/rehabilitation of WASH infrastructure
o Recommendations to ensure the programme’s sustainability and scalability
o Conduct post-KAP survey
Qualifications and experience
- International research/ consultancy company of relevant experience in technical projects assessment, design, monitoring and site supervision, quality assurance and/or other directly related technical fields is required (especially WASH in School is a strong asset);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in WASH in School programme/project implementation;
- Previous research/ consultancy/work in WASH in School (copies of report summaries);
- Demonstrated experience in the CEE/CIS region is a strong asset;
- Previous work with UNICEF or other UN agencies is an asset.
- Certified company to develop and validate technical design and BOQs as per national legislation
- For UNICEF-supported research, studies and evaluations, the experts shall complete the UNICEF Introduction to Ethics in Evidence Generation (Basic) course, available on the UNICEF Agora web-page. Completion certificates will be provided before contract commencement.
- Lead Expert (s):
▪ Advanced University in Engineering, environmental science, Climate, Social Sciences, or related field;
▪ Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in the area of WASH in School programme/ projects;
▪ Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research in the WASH in School or human rights area;
▪ Proven knowledge of international human and child rights standards (United Nations and European standards);
▪ Demonstrated experience in the CEE/CIS region a strong asset;
▪ Demonstrated capacity to analyze legal and policy/strategy documents and formulate legal and policy recommendations;
▪ Capacity in Human Rights Based Approach;
▪ Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
▪ Working command of Romanian and/ or Russian is a strong asset.
- Specialized Expert (s):
▪ Advanced University Engineering, environmental science, Climate, Social Sciences or related field;
▪ Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research in WASH in Schools or social areas;
▪ Proven knowledge of international human and child rights standards (United Nations and European Union standards);
▪ Experience in working with the Government of Moldova and/or UNICEF or other UN Agencies will be an asset;
▪ Familiarity with WASH in Schools in Moldova;
▪ Experience in working with children in schools will be an asset;
▪ Demonstrated capacity to analyze legal and policy documents and formulate legal and policy recommendations;
▪ Excellent command of Romanian, both oral and written;
▪ Working knowledge of English is a minimum, good command of English is a strong asset, both oral and written.
- Bid Submission Deadline: 16 June 2023 11:00 (EET), any Bids received after the Submission Deadline will be rejected.
- Bid clarifications. Proposers are required to submit any questions in respect of this RFPS by e-mail to Cristina Dorogan at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receipt of any questions is Wednesday, 14 June 2023, 17:00 (EET).
- The official address for e-mail submission is: email@example.com, no other UNICEF e-mails in cc.
- Separate e-mails/envelopes for Technical and Price proposals.
- Request for Proposals for Services Form filled and signed (pages 3-5 from the RFPS document), included in the Technical Offer e-mail/envelope
- All Technical/Price Offers files included in the email, no external links.
- Proposals are clearly marked with the RFPS number: LRPS-2023-9182977 in the email title or on the envelope.
- Validity period of the proposal at least 120 days
- Joint venture/consortium/subcontractor arrangements are addressed in the Technical Proposal.
For additional details on the proposal submission rules please refer to the point 1. Bid Submission Schedule page 7-9 from the RFPS document.
For more details on deliverables and instructions for bid submission, please refer to LRPS-2023-9182977 document and Terms of reference (ToR) Annex B published at: https://sc.undp.md/tnddetails_un2/2687/