Tender no. 83435369 for contracting of a short-term expert for provision of expertise in the field of economic and macro financial forecast
The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is seeking an individual expert for provision of expertise in the field of economic and macro financial forecast within the project Policy Advisory Fund. The services within the assignment will be provided in the period between April 2023 – March 2024.
The selected expert will conduct all the activities in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the Terms of Reference (ToR) and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than April 10, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
The short-term expert shall meet the following criteria and qualifications:
Qualification and skills:
- Post-graduate degree in Economics or related field;
- Excellent knowledge of Republic of Moldova’s political environment, development challenges, vulnerabilities and risks;
- Proven report writing skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong regional and local contacts, ability to reach out to key stakeholders;
- Very good skills in the usage of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.) and specialized software used in economic analysis.
- At least 10 years in applied policy research and economic analysis;
- Previous working and analytical experience with applied economic analysis tools for governmental agencies;
- Previous experience in advising governmental institutions on economic matters;
- Familiar with the Government Program of the Republic of Moldova and priorities therein.
The successful application shall include:
1. Technical Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Detailed CV and maximum 2 pages of Motivation letter.
2. Financial Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Financial offer shall include a breakdown of days per each deliverable to be submitted, the gross daily rate in MDL and the total amount per up to 160 workdays of assignment.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality is guaranteed.
Successful offerors will be further asked for additional documentation such as copy of ID, bank data and others, as it might be required for the contracting. The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract.
Applicants shall hold the Moldovan citizenship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Bid’s evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical Proposal and 30% for the financial Proposal. Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope to the GIZ country office – Chisinau, 73/1 Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Bvd., National Business Center, 9th floor – indicating the tender number 83435369, not later than April 11, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.