Tender no. 83434123 for contracting of a short-term expert to support Diaspora Relations Bureau in elaborating a gender-sensitive sectorial public policy document in the area of diaspora
The German Development Cooperation through GIZ, within the project Policy Advisory Fund, is seeking an individual expert to elaborate the sectorial programme in the area of diaspora. The services within the assignment will be provided in the period between April 2023 – September 2023.
The selected expert will conduct all the activities in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the Terms of Reference (ToR) and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than March 29, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
The short-term expert shall meet the following criteria and qualifications:
Qualification and skills:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in law, business administration or social sciences, PhD studies will be an advantage;
- Strong drafting, presentation, and reporting skills;
- Critical thinking, excellent analytical skills, skills of synthesizing information and results-based management are considered essential;
- Research skills, drafting of research and specialized materials, and research interest in diaspora topics;
- Computer literacy, proficiency in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Working knowledge of Romanian (fluency), Russian and English.
- Strong background in migration-related areas, including knowledge/experience of work with government structures and international organizations in the field;
- Advanced knowledge of profile of Moldovan migrants/diaspora;
- Knowledge of the whole of government approach and migration-development nexus;
- Proven experience in conceptualizing public policy documents, in monitoring and evaluation of development programmes in the field;
- Familiar with the National Strategy Diaspora 2025, National Development Strategy European Moldova 2030, and Government Program/Action Plan of the Republic of Moldova;
- Previous experience in applying the LNOB Principle is an advantage.
The successful application shall include:
1. Technical Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Detailed CV and maximum 2 pages of Motivation letter.
2. Financial Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Financial offer shall include a breakdown of days per each deliverable to be submitted, the gross daily rate in MDL and the total amount per up to 40 workdays of assignment.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality is guaranteed.
Successful offerors will be further asked for additional documentation such as copy of ID, bank data and other, as it might be required for the contracting. The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract.
Applicants shall hold the Moldovan citizenship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Bid’s evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical proposal (CV) and 30% for the financial proposal. Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope to the GIZ country office – Chisinau, 73/1 Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Bvd., National Business Center, 9th floor – indicating the tender number 83434123, not later than March 31, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.