UNICEF Moldova is looking for an qualified company to support the development of a Situation Analysis on Early Childhood Intervention in the Republic of Moldova.
The purposes of this consultancy are to:
1) conduct a comprehensive national-level Situation Analysis of the ECI system and its programmes and services in the Republic of Moldova
2) generate reliable evidence on existing national strengths and capacities, salient needs, and opportunities to establish and further support contemporary and sustainable programmes for ECI for children aged 0-6 years, with emphasis on the birth to three period, who are at risk of or have developmental difficulties, including disabilities; and
3) make recommendations regarding next steps for building, strengthening, improving, expanding, and financially supporting the national ECI system and its programmes.
The ECI Sitan will further inform UNICEF’s advocacy efforts and its support to the line ministries and to the ECI services in the country.
The consultancy is expected to be carried out within a 6-months period, starting from December 2022, and ending in June 2023.
The focus of this analysis will be on the Early Childhood Intervention for children with developmental difficulties and disabilities. A mixed-methods approach is sought, including a desk review of existing materials; secondary analysis of the administrative data; key informant interviews and questionnaires.
Qualifications and experience:
The international consultancy team is preferably composed of a team of international experts/expert and a national research team.
The international team of experts shall have the following qualifications:
- Advanced academic degree in early childhood education, social sciences, special needs education, early childhood intervention for children with developmental difficulties, psychology, public health; or another relevant subject.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of early childhood intervention for the children with developmental difficulties, ECI systems and evidence-based, family-centred ECI practice.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in conducting research and studies related to early childhood development, early childhood intervention, child rights, children with disabilities or other relevant areas.
- Experience in guiding national situation analyses of ECI and/or ECD systems and programmes.
- Familiarity with the Europe and Central Asia Region, as well as previous involvement with UNICEF will be considered as assets.
The national research team will be primarily responsible for organizing and conducting data collection, as well as analysis of the results. All interviews and focus group discussions will take place in the local language.
For more details on deliverables and minimum requirements, please refer to the Terms of reference (ToR) published at https://sc.undp.md/tnddetails_un2/2567/
Submission deadline: 1 December 2022, 11:00