Request for Bids
Design, Supply and Installation
Employer: Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit
Project: Moldova Second District Heating Efficiency Improvement Project (DHEIP2)
Contract title: Installation of new feedwater pump and motor (including associated equipment) for the steam boiler in Unit no.2, CHP Source-1 (Plant Design, Supply & Installation)
Country: Republic of Moldova
Loan No.: 9134-MD
RFB No: 9134-B1.7
Issued on: September 13, 2022
1. The Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Moldova Second District Heating Efficiency Improvement Project (DHEIP2), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Installation of new feedwater pump and motor (including associated equipment) for the steam boiler in Unit no.2, CHP Source-1 (Plant Design, Supply & Installation).
2. The Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit (MEPIU) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of new equipment and systems for the technological upgrade and reconstruction of the Feedwater Pumping System FWP-2 for Unit no.2 at CHP Source-1 Plant, including, but not limited to: Feedwater pump; Electric motor; Medium-voltage (MV) variable speed drive; MV switchgear; Automation, control and other equipment and systems required to implement the new feedwater pumping system.
The site for the Contract works is located at CHP Source-1 (former name: CHP-2), which is the largest heat and electricity production plant of Termoelectrica SA (main producer of heat and electricity and the main supplier of district heating services to consumers in the city of Chisinau and its suburbs).
The Contract implementation period is envisaged for 12 months (Plant should attain completion by November 30, 2023 and 60 days to finalize the guarantee tests).
3. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from MEPIU and inspect the bidding document during office hours from 08:30 to 17:30 hours local time at the address given below.
5. The bidding document in the English language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Moldovan Lei 2,000.00 (two thousand MDL, 00 bani), in the case of collection from the MEPIU office at the address stated below, or EUR 200.00 (two hundred Euro, 00 eurocents), in the case of courier delivery, net of charges, or EUR 50.00 (fifty Euro, 00 eurocents), in the case of distribution electronically.
For Moldovan Lei:
Beneficiary: MF- TR Chisinau - bugetul de stat UCIPE
Fiscal Code: 13747014
Beneficiary Bank: Ministerul Finantelor – Trezoreria de stat
SWIFT Code: TREZMD2X
the payment details shall be provided upon written request to: email@example.com
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before November 10, 2022, 10:00 AM (local time). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below.
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of 40,000.00 Euro (Forty thousand Euro, 00 eurocents).
8. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.”
9. The address referred to above is:
To: Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit
Moldova Second District Heating Efficiency Improvement Project
Attn: Mrs. Aurelia Samson, Director
Address: 1, Alecu Russo Street, Block A1
Floor/ Office number: Sixteenth (16th) floor, office 163
ZIP/Postal Code: MD-2068
Country: Republic of Moldova
Tel. /Fax: (+373 22) 49 67 90