The Strengthening Efficiency and Access to Justice in Moldova Project is seeking for a National consultant to support mainstreaming of integrity and anticorruption principles in operations and internal regulations of the national forensic institutions.
The expected output for the national consultant’s assignment is to conduct an assessment of the internal operations within the national forensic institutions and internal regulatory framework addressing the areas of ethics, integrity and anticorruption, identifying gaps and opportunities, as well as develop recommendations for compliance with the NICS. The consultant is also expected to strengthen the capacities of the managers and personnel of national forensic institutions through training and coaching pertaining to the area of integrity and anticorruption.
In order to achieve the stated objective, the Consultant shall perform the following tasks and activities:
- Prepare the Inception Report and detailed work plan for the assignment;
- Undertake a comprehensive desk review of the internal rules, regulations and policies in place within the national forensic institutions, with a focus on those connected to the area of integrity and mainstreaming of anti – corruption principles;
- Prepare the methodology and tools to be used for conducting the assignment and for collection of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Carry out the assessment of compliance of the national forensic institutions, from the operational and regulatory perspectives, with the provisions of the national legislation related to evaluation of integrity within state entities, to identify gaps and opportunities and propose recommendations for improvement;
- Conduct in-depth interviews and consultation meetings with the management of the national forensic institutions and delegated representatives;
- Develop for each of the national forensic institutions a Report containing findings and recommendations as a result of the assessment and the Roadmap for addressing the identified gaps;
- Organise and facilitate participatory workshops, with management and personnel from the three national forensic institutions, to present and validate the findings of the assessment and proposals for addressing the inconsistencies in operations and internal regulatory framework covering the area of institutional integrity;
- Work with the management and personnel from the three national forensic institutions to enhance their knowledge and skills on integrity and anticorruption principles in public institutions, assessment and monitoring of integrity in public institutions and corruption risks assessment and management with a focus on the legal regime of gifts, integrity whistleblowers, incompatibilities, restrictions, conflicts of interest and undue influence. In this regard the consultant shall organise and deliver three one day training sessions, one per each institution.
For detailed information, please refer to Terms of Reference by following the link https://sc.undp.md/jobs/2212/
Proposals must be submitted online no later than 09 March 2021. For detailed instructions, please, follow the link above and get acquainted with the Individual Contractor Procurement Notice attached to the announcement.
Requests for clarification only must be sent by standard electronic communication to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.