The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual expert to review the existing policy estimation tools and to draft a handbook with standard operating procedures (SOPs) in line with the Agenda 2030 and its principles, especially Leaving No One Behind (LNOB). The consultant shall also showcase the handbook on one public policy and provide one workshop on its application for policymakers.
The expert is expected to (i) prepare a handbook for policymakers containing SOPs on the estimation of financial and nonfinancial costs of public policies in line with the Agenda 2030 and its principles; (ii) validate the handbook with the Project team and the partners; (iii) conduct the estimation of financial and nonfinancial costs of one public policy at the request of the State Chancellery based on the drafted handbook and SOPs; (iv) develop and deliver one workshop on the application of the handbook containing SOPs to the State Chancellery and selected line ministries.
The assignment will be conducted in accordance with the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the detailed Terms of Reference, all interested providers should address a message to the e-mail: [email protected] and showing the tender number in the message title.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in economy, finance, or other related areas;
- Additional training and certification in public policy, public administration, public finance is an advantage;
- 5+ years of professional working experience in areas of public finance and public policies;
- Previous proven experience in estimation of financial and nonfinancial costs of public policies in the Republic of Moldova;
- Experience in delivering trainings on public finance, cost estimation, public policy, strategic planning or other related areas;
- Previous experience in applying the LNOB Principle is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in policy making, drafting regulations on strategic planning and cost estimation;
- Knowledge of 2030 Agenda process and the content of the Moldova 2030 National Development Strategy;
- Analytical thinking;
- Pro-active, energetic and committed.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the assignment (separate document).
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount per up to 45 workdays per assignment, for the period March 2021 – July 2021(separate document).
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be submitted via email to [email protected] showing the tender number (83374827) and subject on it, not later than 05.03.2021, time 17:00.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to [email protected], by showing tender number in the message title.