The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Short-term Adviser for Conceptualization of specific measures for adjustment of in-company dual VET during the pandemic and post-pandemic period within its “Support to Vocational Education in the Field of Green Economy” Project.
The Adviser will be responsible for providing professional advisory services and support the Project team and dual VET partners (especially companies) to identify urgent needs linked to the COVID-19 pandemic and alternative training instruments to maintain the educational process.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Develop strategies for innovative in-company teaching-learning process in the dual VET, within the current legal framework of Republic of Moldova;
- In close interaction with the regional offices established by the Project in Soroca, Orhei and Cahul, set up a functioning communication structure with VET institutions, apprentices and teachers involved in dual VET and collect the required data and information for consolidating the approach;
- Provides professional advisory services to a broad range of stakeholders from the business and social partners sectors to increase their capacity to fulfil mandates within dual VET following the pandemic situation encountered in 2020, which posed challenges to the overall educational process and especially the in-company training;
- Provides support in identification and development of innovative approaches in dual VET, including digitalization of (in-company) training programs;
- Render advice to private sector actors and social partners to identify, in common with the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research (MoECR) in developing innovative elements to ensure the in-company training process in the pandemic and post-pandemic context;
- Feed conclusions and recommendations of the consultations above into the monthly and final reports;
- University qualification at Masters’ level in sciences, economy, education, political studies or similar;
- at least 5 years of expertise in project management (technical assistance will be an asset);
- experience with promoting dual VET at decision-making level, including creating stakeholders’ networks;
- expertise in planning, implementing, M&E of technical assistance projects;
- excellent network within the governmental/NGO/industry environment in Moldova;
- experience in advising in reforming process of the education systems and governance in Moldova;
Language skills: Excellent language skills in English and Romanian, knowledge of German would be an advantage.
Permanent workplace for this position is planned to be established in Chisinau. The experts’ input will comprise a total number of up to 100 working days, over the contract duration: November 2020 – August 2021, out of the total number of days, up to 20 trips are estimated to be in country travel.
The consultant will be paid monthly, based on the timesheets and deliverables provided and approved by the PM.
Applications shall include:
- Detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the assignment;
- Brief methodology and approach
- Financial offer, including:
- gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount for per up to 100 workdays of assignment, for the period November 2020 – August 2021;
- gross trip travel budget, to be paid as a lump sum in MDL, and a total amount for per up to 20 round trips, for the period November 2020 – August 2021;
- total budget, MDL
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
For the detailed Terms of Reference, please address a message to the e-mail: email@example.com, indicating the tender number in the message title.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applications shall be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org showing the tender number and subject on it, not later than 09 November, time 17:00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
This project is implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).