The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual expert to support the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment (MARDE) for the development of the Regulation on Incineration and Co-incineration Plants, within its project “Capacity Development for Climate Policy in the countries of South East, Eastern Europe, the South Caucasus and Central Asia, Phase III’ (CDCP III)”.
For the Terms of Reference, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and showing the tender number in the message title.
The following responsibilities and task are included in the assignment:
- Develop the RIA in accordance with the national Methodology approved by Government Decision no. 23 from 18.01.2019. Advice will be given by the International Expert;
- Adjust and finalize the draft Regulation in accordance to IED, Waste law and upcoming Industrial Emissions law, other relevant legislation;
- Develop the Table of concordance (ToC) in accordance with the provisions Government Decision No. 1171 from 28.11.2018 on approval of Regulation on harmonisation of legislation of the Republic of Moldova with legislation of European Union;
- Participate in the meetings, workshops and field visits, if necessary;
- Participate in discussions with the MARDE and other stakeholders on the deliverables of the assignment;
- Support MARDE (in the frame of CDCPIII contractual period) in the consultation process within the Working Group on Regulating Entrepreneurial Activity, if necessary, and in the governmental consultations about the draft legislation transposing Chapter IV of IED on Special provisions Special Provisions For Waste Incineration Plants And Waste Co-Incineration Plants.
The national expert is expected to elaborate the above-mentioned Regulations in accordance to national methodology and rules in force, for development of normative acts.
All deliverables will be achieved in close coordination with legal and technical international experts.
- University degree in, environmental law, law, environmental management, economics, public administration or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in delivering consultancy services to public sector;
- Proven experience in developing RIA documents in accordance to national methodology and consultation/reviewing process with the respective State Commission;
- Proven experience in developing legal acts in accordance to national methodologies and the promotion processes;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO will be an asset;
- Knowledge of EU of approximation processes, EU policies and law and economic and financial aspects of EU approximation will be an asset;
- Knowledge of EU air related Directives and other relevant legislation will be an asset;
- Knowledge of waste sector policies on national and EU level will be an asset
- Strong analytical and drafting skills.
- Ability to analyse, plan, communicate effectively with stakeholders and present ideas clearly and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the position;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate and a total amount per up to 20 workdays of assignment, for the period October 2020 – November 2020;
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be delivered via email to email@example.com, showing the tender number (83362830) and subject in the title, not later than 25 September 2020, 17:00
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by showing tender number in the message title.