Tender no. 83360011
for the contracting of a short-term expert to provide communication and visibility support
The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual expert to develop a clear and coherent communication and visibility strategy with action plan in line with GIZ guidelines for the “Support to the Moldovan Government in the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda project” GIZ Project as well as provide capacity development to project staff in related matters.
The selected expert will conduct activities according to the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the detailed Terms of Reference, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and showing the tender number in the message title.
The focus of the assignment is structured around three main topics:
Topic 1 – Elaboration of a strategic vision on communication and visibility
- Determine the communication and visibility needs of the Project;
- Definition of communication and visibility goals;
- Identification of target groups and key messages;
- Decision on language and visualization;
- Definition of communication and visibility rules and principles.
Topic 2 – Preparation of a communication and visibility action plan
- Identification of communication and visibility activities;
- Elaborate a communication and visibility strategy accompanied with an action plan for the entire duration of the implementation of the Project in line with the GIZ requirements;
- Identification of innovative communication and visibility solutions, approaches and media tools towards addressing the communication needs of the Project;
- Support to the planning of the budget and other resources required to implement the strategy and action plan;
- Identification of best practices and suitable case studies from other countries that are implementing Agenda 2030, which are relevant for the Project and the context of the Republic of Moldova.
Topic 3 – Capacity development of Project staff to further transpose in practice the recommendations on communication and visibility
- Validation of communication and visibility strategy and action plan;
- Provision of trainings to the assigned Project staff that will be delegated with the implementation of the strategy and action plan;
- Advise to Project staff on matters related to communication and visibility of the Project;
- Pilot on a selected number of activities that will enhance the communication and visibility of the Project based on the principles “leading by example”.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in communication, media and public relations or other related areas;
- Additional training and certification in public relations, journalism, project management would be an advantage.
- 5+ years of professional working experience in areas of communication and visibility;
- Previous proven experience in assuring visibility of donors’ assistance or experience in working with donor organization, governmental institutions, CSO or private sector / consulting firm is a strong advantage;
- Experience with delivering trainings in communication and public relations is an advantage;
- Previous experience and trainings in applying the LNOB Principle is a strong advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova is an asset.
- Project management skills;
- Knowledge on policy making;
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills;
- Analytical thinking;
- Experience in public relations management;
- Pro-active, energetic and committed;
- Awareness and practical knowledge on how to apply the Leave no one behind (LNOB) principle.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the assignment;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount per up to 40 workdays of assignment, for the period September 2020 – December 2020;
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be submitted via email to email@example.com showing the tender number (83360011) and subject on it, not later than 21 August, time 17:00.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by showing tender number in the message title.