The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a short-term adviser to advice Ministry of Education Culture and Research (MoECR) on the establishment of a dual Vocational Education and Training (VET) governance body (institutional structure) in the Republic of Moldova within its “Support to Vocational Education in the Field of Green Economy” Project.
The Adviser will responsible for providing professional advisory services and support the senior management of the MoERC on establishing an institutional platform for governing dual VET, attached to or embedded into the MoERC of the Republic of Moldova
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Revise and adjust the models proposed by international experts’ mission 2019, to the current conditions in Moldova, under consideration of the effects of the pandemic on dual VET and the necessary post-pandemic relief measures,
- In close interaction with the regional offices established by the Project in Soroca, Orhei and Cahul, set up a permanent communication structure with VET institutions, apprentices and teachers involved in dual VET and collect the required data and information for consolidating the approach;
- Re-activate the established working group consisting of key stakeholders in dual VET, discuss the establishment of the institutional platform and identify practical measures to initiate the establishment of the governance structure
- Render hands-on support to the Minister and the VET Department within the MoERC on producing the necessary normative and institutional adjustments;
- Feed conclusions and recommendations of the consultations above into the monthly and final reports.
- University degree at Masters’ level in sciences, economy, education, political studies or similar;
- at least 5 years of professional experience in governance with high level (i.e. Ministerial) expertise;
- experience with promoting dual VET at decision-making (governmental) level, including creating the relevant normative and institutional infrastructure (legislation, competent bodies, etc.);
- advisory expertise within Ministry of Education;
- excellent network within the governmental/NGO/industry environment in Moldova;
- experience in advising in reforming process of the education systems and governance in Moldova.
Language skills: Excellent language skills in English and Romanian.
Permanent workplace for this position is planned to be established in Chisinau. The experts’ input will comprise a total number of up to 60 working days, over the contract duration: July – December 2020, out of the total number of days, up to 10 trips are estimated to be in country travel.
The consultant will be paid monthly, based on the timesheets and deliverables provided and approved by the PM.
Applications shall include:
- Detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the assignment;
- Brief methodology and approach (maximum 2-3 pages);
- Financial offer, including:
- gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount for per up to 60 workdays of assignment, for the period July 2020 – December 2020;
- the budget of up to 10 in country rounds trips in MDL, for the period July 2020 – December 2020;
- the budget for up to 10 in country overnight accommodations, for the period July 2020 – December 2020;
- total budget, MDL;
Financial offers containing other currency than MDL (Moldovan Lei) will not be considered.
For the detailed Terms of Reference, please address a message to the e-mail: [email protected], indicating the tender number in the message title.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applications shall be delivered in sealed envelopes, showing the tender number (83356569) and subject on it, to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau (66 Bernardazzi St., 5th floor, left wing; Chisinau, MD-2009) not later than 26 June, time 17:00.
This project is implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).