Project title: Community Planning of Social Services through Public Dialogue
Duration of requested services: 2020-2021
About the Implementer:
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Moldova since 2003, implementing projects in the field of economic development, civil society, and youth development, education, actively involved into the deinstitutionalization process and development of the Local social inclusion strategies.
Within the Project "Community Planning of Social Services through Public Dialogue", PIN Moldova targets to engage leaders in social sector and related sectors having know-how and potential influence on social policy. It also seeks to use their knowledge and potential for cooperation within the development of social services based on needs of the country’s citizens.
About the project:
The “Community Planning of Social Services through Public Dialogue” Project was designed by the CzechAid (CzDA) within the Development Cooperation of the Czech Republic. The overall objective of this project is to contribute to meeting the basic social needs of vulnerable people based on the real needs and reflecting available resources in individual communities. The specific objective of the project is to support the development mechanism for transparent community planning of social and related services based on demand, the actual needs, and available resources in the community. Such development mechanism will serve Moldova's public administration to improve the system of planning and meeting the needs of vulnerable people.
The project is aiming to achieve the following three outputs:
- Increased capacity and knowledge of the Ministry, which they use to support the development of community planning and strengthen cooperation between leaders in social services and central administration
- Increased capacity of public administration on district/other territorial level in community planning and involved community planning actors in plans
- Increased capacity of non-governmental providers of social and related services, encouraging public administration partnership and public mobilization to engage in community planning.
In order to achieve the above-mentioned outputs, at least three local CSOs will be selected as service providers for each of the following districts:
Roles and functions of CSOs:
The CSO is expected to:
- Participate in the implementation of the relevant project activities and help to ensure the achievement of the described outputs
- Participate actively and contribute in the process of community planning of social services by:
- gathering and interpreting the necessary data
- informing and consulting the public
- providing recommendation on priorities
- Cooperate closely with the implementer (PIN)
- Join the Local Working Groups (LWG) together with representatives of vulnerable groups and other key stakeholders at the local level
- As a member of the LWG, participate in monitoring the allocation of municipal budgets towards social services
- Cooperate actively with the Local Steering Groups (LSG) and participate in regular meeting on a monthly basis
- Participate in the training sessions planned within the project to build the capacity on M&E, advocacy, social service provision, etc.
- Participate in international exchange programmes.
- Being a local CSO from one of the selected districts (Cahul, Glodeni, Strășeni)
- Having interest and understanding of the concept of community-based planning of social services
- Having experience in social service planning and provision in the selected district will be an advantage.
- To prove your qualification in social sector and motivation, please attach a one-page description of the Organization
- To provide at least two contacts for reference
- Applicant who will be identified as relevant will be pre-selected by the implementer and its partners.
The applications shall be submitted by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, using Ref. in the subject line: Social Service Providers among CSOs to participate in Community Planning process.
The deadline for submission of this application is 15/06/2020.
!!! Nota bene!!!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.